Thread: Runners

Runners

Any runners about? I really feel like i have a spirit that helps me run when i run. I think a lot about Foxes or Panthers whenever i am running through the woodland areas near my House and i have seen a few foxes before which was awesome. I know the longest i have been able to run is 85 miles and i try to run at least 20 a day no matter what even if its snowing or really cold lol. BTW Anyone know of any good herbs for calf cramps? , thats my most common problem which i tend to get from running down hill - though i do avoid running downhill as much as possible as it is really bad on the knees. I think running really allows my spirit to connect with nature when i am out there doing the one thing humans are actully best at in nature which is running long distances, as far as i know we are the only creature that can run 3000-4000 miles etc as some people have done. So far my best is 85 lol still im proud of that.

Rock on for you! I mean it. I would not run if something was chasing me.. but I have always been envious of the runner. I associate it with a moving type of meditation as I have alot of friends that run triathalons and they speak of a runner's trance.
    As for calf cramps, my buddy says eat more banannas and try a capacesin rub, IDK.. but he runs daily.

kudos@ u
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

I agree with the bananas, I eat a lot of bananas and very rarely do I get any kind of cramps when I run. Are you making sure that you're stretching properly before and after your runs?

I love running - it is one of the few things that will ALWAYS cheer me up if I'm feeling cranky, or calm me down if I'm angry. I think it's the closest I can get to meditation, that feeling of just zoning out and being in the moment.

I run, not as much at the moment but I'm getting back into it.

The cramps are pretty common actually.

Cramping in your legs can be from lack of Magnesium,
    take a good calcium/magnesium/D vitamin blend and it should be taken care of quickly.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

Thanks !

Thanks for the Tips ! I will make sure to take your advice as from what i have read everyone sounds right on. I also agree with the part about running helping me cheer up , i guess its the sense of accomplishment that gos with doing a good run. I think also even if a person cannot run much , if they can they should walk more as that is just as good as running if you just double the time done as far as calorie burning gos. Though i will say gaia online cuts into my running more than it should lol. Blessed Be