Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Long Distance Relationship (LDR) Support

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that you're not in a LDR because you feel so close to your partner, and talk so often that the only thing missing is seeing eachother everyday?
    I wish I could get to this point...I guess maybe I'm the "half empty" side of the equation. I kind of think that I'm single but not quite...with intermittent happiness in between, of course.

But yeah, I really wish I could get to that point.

[/downer]
    -little owl[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is offline Dislikes Special Snowflakes
    Do you ever get the feeling that you're not in a LDR because you feel so close to your partner, and talk so often that the only thing missing is seeing eachother everyday?
    I miss this feeling.

The thing I hate most about LDR's is the difficulty in trying to solve and resolve issues through the distance.

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibblsnrt View Post
    These days I find them funny more than anything else, really.
    To clarify: teh naysayers?

I haz teh dumb today Zibb.

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    N'uh. Mostly due to an 8 hour time difference. .

I made my bed.

So we're moving in together in June, after five full years of long-distance.

We started dating in 2003 knowing we'd be going to different colleges in 2005. And ever since 2005 we've been apart most of the time.

I'm starting to get impatient. Like a little ridiculously impatient. I spend a lot of time looking for a house for us to live in, even though I'm not actively looking just yet. I keep almost convincing myself it's basically here.

And in the grand scheme of things, it is. I got so used to dealing with it for so long because for so long it was just how things were. And now it's...not. Now it's how things almost-were. It's almost gotten as hard as it was right at the beginning again. Back then, I didn't know how to deal without having him with me, and without letting the weight of knowing how long it would be crush me. But now it's like I just can't live in the present because I'm living in June.

Any ideas on how not to obsess?
    Flame in Bloom-my blog on dancing and heathenry

The fires in me can never be drowned. They cannot be snuffed, for even when they are denied air, they breathe, gasping in the endless firedance.

My boyfriend lives in England, so we are long distance. Though we talk for hours everyday on the phone. But lately have been getting into a lot of arguments and such. Is this normal for LDR? =(

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
    TWLOHA

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleWitchy View Post
    My boyfriend lives in England, so we are long distance. Though we talk for hours everyday on the phone. But lately have been getting into a lot of arguments and such. Is this normal for LDR? =(
    Well off the top of my head is the question, how long have you been together?

Without knowing details though I would like to suggest that you let go of the notion of "normal", and of compare/contrast. Each relationship is unique, and a relationship, is a relationship, is a relationship.

If you feel comfortable talking a little bit more about the arguments maybe someone would better be able to offer some thoughts.
    My Mind is the Master of My Reality. My Will is the Tool through which this Mastery is achieved.

Body, Mind, Spirit, explore these topics and more at The Threefold Path

Quote Originally Posted by Toriach View Post
    Well off the top of my head is the question, how long have you been together?

Without knowing details though I would like to suggest that you let go of the notion of "normal", and of compare/contrast. Each relationship is unique, and a relationship, is a relationship, is a relationship.

If you feel comfortable talking a little bit more about the arguments maybe someone would better be able to offer some thoughts.
    We have been together a few months, but been talking every day for hours since November. We chatted last night and agreed maybe we are just running out of things to talk about and therefore irritating each other. It would be different in person, cause there is less pressure to actually talk constantly and you can do things together and such when you want to. LDR's suck sometimes. =(

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home." ~
    TWLOHA

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleWitchy View Post
    We have been together a few months, but been talking every day for hours since November. We chatted last night and agreed maybe we are just running out of things to talk about and therefore irritating each other. It would be different in person, cause there is less pressure to actually talk constantly and you can do things together and such when you want to. LDR's suck sometimes. =(
    Well the first thing I would suggest is that you take a little time and really think about whether or not this person means as much to you as you thought they did. Ideally he should do likewise. If the answer for both of you is yes, then start thinking of creative solutions. For example when we were dating long distance my now wife and I would go to the movies "together". We would pick a movie and both see it on the same night (ideally at around the same time if we could manage it) and then that night we would talk about it.

Ultimately as I've said before, all relationships have their unique challenges, and while the ones in an LDR might be a bit more unique, ultimately if you are willing to work at it, then there is a pretty good chance you can make it work. But nothing worthwhile happens without effort being expended.
    My Mind is the Master of My Reality. My Will is the Tool through which this Mastery is achieved.

Body, Mind, Spirit, explore these topics and more at The Threefold Path

loved reading this thread <<<hugs>>>
    Divine Sanctum : a place of acceptance and tolerance without judgement...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast