Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Long Distance Relationship (LDR) Support

is offline Sand gets EVERYWHERE! Fun to play in.
    Long distance relationships can work, but you BOTH have to be willing to work at it. The first year of my relationship with Chris was long distance. We were both committed to it. Now we've been together for 5 years and are happily married. So if your significant other is important to you and you're both willing to hash all your problems out when they come up it can really work. It's all about communication.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightjf22 View Post
    Long distance relationships can work, but you BOTH have to be willing to work at it. .... So if your significant other is important to you and you're both willing to hash all your problems out when they come up it can really work. It's all about communication.
    Couldn't agree more!! As long as both parties are willing to stick with it, things can go far! Another thing that helps is a strong connection, not just on a spiritual level, but even emotionally, so that no matter the distance you can trust th on you're with to be faithful. I've had my fair share of long distance relationships and every time, the thing that tore us apart was when one of us started doubting the other to be faithful and loyal. Once the trust is gone, regardless of how far apart you are, the relationship is nearing it's end unless you can work it out and carry on. I could go on and on about long distance relationships but I'll settle for that...
    Darkness creeps in around us. The shadows grow long and the creatures of the night claim their territory. All is still as you dream but in the silence the air is full of noise. In the last slivers of a fading day, I stand watch over you. I stand forever between you and the ones that wish to do you harm. I am forever, your Protector.

-Phoenix On The Dawn-

NOTE: I am open for tarot readings for those who may be interested, please message me with your questions.

I've done it again...
    haha.

Promised myself I wouldn't inflict this on myself again, but here I am.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    TWM

*gigglesnorts* Ah, hell, may as well state I'm tormenting myself as well. Though it's not officially a relationship. Same one I tormented myself with last year, but hey - I'd stop the world for this one if I could. Still.

Well folks now that I'm back I'd like to mention that this is one of my favorite threads. SS and I are nearing 4 year.

I wish everyone here the same luck, it isn't easy but we are a breed who see the bigger picture.

Zelan and I who are now husband and wife met here on MW. We had a LDR for over a year and then he decided to move to South America where I was and we lived together for about 6 months before we got marrie. It wasnt easy, theres lots of anxiety when you are on a LDR,Its hard because you want to be with the one you love so badly but at the same time you get to open your heart in ways you might not have if you were face to face. (its easier to write things than to say them out loud) We are dealing with a LDR again hence my hubby had to go back to Canada due to work and I am too working here in South America so we have been apart for about 9 months now and won't be together for another 6 months or so. How we do it? I wake him up every morning on the phone to tell him I love him, I go groccery shopping with him (he takes me on the cell phone) We cook together ... and he kisses me goodnight every evening. .. trying to be an active part of each others lives even if we are apart makes a huge difference. Yes, we struggle at times.. we miss each other terribly and we are at times so stressed about the situation that we end up arguing but we keep on dreaming about the things we will do when we are together again.. So no, its not easy, Not impossible but very rewarding if it trully is meant to be.

is offline The PG-13-safe Title holder - WooHoo!!
    ....a thousand angels dance around you....
    I think if both parties are serious about it, it can work, just like any other relationship albeit without seeing one another as often as couples that live close do...
    "If there's a Heaven up above I know
    she's teaching angels how to love"
    ~ R. Kelly....and me
    Love you, mom....

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." --- Aristotle

"Friendship is the beginning of love; love is the beginning of life."
    ~Source Unknown

"And our scars remind us, that the past is real, I tear my heart open....just to feel..." ~ Papa Roach

"Yeah, I think I'll have more luck with the girl if I'm drunk, cause a drunk me is like a sober you"
    ~ one of my co-workers

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/cheshireeyes

"*shakes head* Without CE there would be no reason to drop by MW!" ~~~ lowlinora
    http://www.mysticwicks.com/showpost....&postcount=114

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    Well folks now that I'm back I'd like to mention that this is one of my favorite threads. SS and I are nearing 4 year.

I wish everyone here the same luck, it isn't easy but we are a breed who see the bigger picture.
    You mentioned breeding..want to breed in April?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin View Post
    You mentioned breeding..want to breed in April?
    Oh no! Are we going to have babies in the LDR thread?!
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    Long distance babies should prove to be interesting. :giggle:

I've been abandoned for Mass Effect 2. Get random texts/facebook updates, so he's trying... neh. That's what I get for wanting a gamer, eh?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast