Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Questionnaire for Ex-Christians

1. What denomination of Christianity did you start in?

My church was non denominational but many considered it to be pentecostal.

2. How old were you when you left for something else?

Not sure really, started pulling away in my late teens.

3. Why?

After my dad died I was left with many questions and the faith I knew just didn't feel right anymore.

4. What was your first interest and how did you pursue it?

It all started with Astrology then moved into Wicca and other pagan beliefs.

5. Are you in the same path now? (If not, why?)

My beliefs are always changing and I've not declared a path.

6. Will you raise your kids in that path? (If not, why not?)

If I ever have kids they will be free to choose their own path. However I will not hide my beliefs from them.

7. How did your friends and parents reacted?

My friends were and are fine with it. My parents never knew (both passed on now). Most of my other family members don't really have a clue as to what I believe.

8. Do you feel comfortable expressing your faith publicly?

Yes and no. I don't throw it out for all to see yet I don't hide or deny it either.

9. Are you completely satisfied with your path, or are you seeking something else?

I'm always seeking. As I grow and change as a person so do my beliefs.

10. Do you have friends on the same path (not on MW) with whom you can worship or conduct rituals?

As mentioned above I don't claim a path but I do have many friends with similar beliefs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1. What denomination of Christianity did you start in?
    Lutheran, I think. I was never baptized, we were never a church family, but my mother is a STRONG believer.

2. How old were you when you left for something else?
    I'm gonna say about 10

3. Why?
    I'm too curious to be given an answer of "because I say so" when it comes to religion. Things weren't adding up and no one could answer my questions with a legitimate answer.

4. What was your first interest and how did you pursue it?
    Wiccan religion was my first interest, I researched it on the internet, which resulted in my computer being taken away many times.

5. Are you in the same path now? (If not, why?)
    No. At the time being, I was unaware that there were any other Pagan religions, I thought Wicca was it. I've grown now and realize that Wicca is not for me, I great starting point to get my feet wet, but not the path I'm looking for.

6. Will you raise your kids in that path? (If not, why not?)
    I do not plan on having kids, but if I do, it will be their decision, when they are old enough, of what religion they wish to follow. I will answer any question they may have, but I will not raise them as pagans.

7. How did your friends and parents reacted?
    My mother still refuses to believe it, thinking she can still 'save' me. My father is one to ignore things he doesn't like. My friends never really cared, they do not share my same point of view, but the don't let it bother them.

8. Do you feel comfortable expressing your faith publicly?
    Not entirely. I still feel as though I'm 1/2 in the closet. I can talk openly to like minded people, but when it comes to a, for lack of a better term, 'non believer' of the pagan religions, I don't feel comfortable explaining something in words that can only be felt.

9. Are you completely satisfied with your path, or are you seeking something else?
    I would like to learn more of course, regardless of weather I will use in in my craft, I just love to learn. I would also like someone to study and practice with.

10. Do you have friends on the same path (not on MW) with whom you can worship or conduct rituals?
    Once upon a time I was part of what they called a 'teaching coven' which ended rather disastrously. Since then I have not reached out to anyone else, instead I wait, knowing that the universe will match me with someone when the time is right.

-THE BLOG-

Lor's Dragon Eggs - Help Them Hatch

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14