Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Healing Depression?

Question Healing Depression?

Hi everyone. What are some good spells that one can cast to help heal oneself of depression?

I dunno if I'd necessarily use a spell, but there are lots of things you can do to help.

Try pampering yourself, or if you can't go all out with the pampering, try just doing one nice thing for yourself every day. It doesn't have to cost any money at all, it just has to make you feel good.

I've always found my depression linked closely with my self-esteem issues, so you might want to try ways of working on that.

Figure out what things trigger your depression and try to find ways to avoid them, or to minimize their impact.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

While depression may be triggered by other problems, it may be an illness on it's own, caused by an imbalance of chemicals in our brains. If your depression has lasted for more than a couple of weeks, it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor as well as looking for spells or healing modalities like Reiki. It could be that a combination of treatments would work best.

Psychotherapy + medication. Work(ed) for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin View Post
    Psychotherapy + medication. Work(ed) for me.
    This. I'd start off with therapy first...use a spell to supplement it, if you want. I don't know of any offhand...sorry.
    -little owl[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proper nutrition and vitamin supplementation worked for me!
    No more medications!

I know a lady who had pretty extreme depression and both Reiki and meditation really helped to calm her anxiety but it didn't 'cure' her. It was a combination effort that ended up making it easier to deal with.

TWM's Blog

Check out MWMagazine!
    MW FORUM GUIDE - Dreams and Divination + A Pagan's Life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWomanMonster View Post
    Proper nutrition and vitamin supplementation worked for me!
    No more medications!

I know a lady who had pretty extreme depression and both Reiki and meditation really helped to calm her anxiety but it didn't 'cure' her. It was a combination effort that ended up making it easier to deal with.
    I tend to get depressed, it's genetic in my case. I do take supplements to cope with other neurological issues, can I ask what supplements you've found helpful in coping with depression?

I'd rather medication. Nothing has worked so far except medication, psychotherapy (in the past) and getting rid of stressors. My issues are chemical, not spiritual so I'd rather use medication instead of Raiki. To each their own I 'spose!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacredsin View Post
    I'd rather medication. Nothing has worked so far except medication, psychotherapy (in the past) and getting rid of stressors. My issues are chemical, not spiritual so I'd rather use medication instead of Raiki. To each their own I 'spose!
    Reiki is supposed to affect us on all levels - physical, mental, emotional, not just spiritual. Western medicine tends to categorize those things rather than trying to integrate them into one healthy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
    Reiki is supposed to affect us on all levels - physical, mental, emotional, not just spiritual. Western medicine tends to categorize those things rather than trying to integrate them into one healthy person.
    I don't know much about Reiki to be honest, but I'm more inclined to try western medications than the aformentioned. There is no other way to explain it other than there are facts, figures and numbers with medications whereas I view the spiritual to be purely subjective. I can't handle subjective when it comes to my mental health.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast