Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy stones on and offline.

Where to buy stones on and offline.

the post below gave me the incentive to create this new posting.

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=224610

ok folks. Please post where you buy your stones or where you would recommend people to buy stones if they came in your area. also please note any good online stone that sells stones.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Squire Boone Caverns

And I have bought stones here..Falls of the Ohio State Park.

However I buy my best and most budget-friendly stones at Squire Boone Caverns. I make a trip out there at least once a year!

I loved Rock of Ages when I lived in Toronto. They sell bulk to wholesale as well as retail. Their showroom/warehouse is just amazing. Barrels of stones where you could bury your arms up to the elbow in crystals.

I don't think they ship, but if you're in Southern Ontario, it's worth a trip.
    ~~~~
    Author of "Drawing the Three of Coins", a guide to running a Pagan store.

Playful Pagan - handmade toys for Pagan kids
    Free spells for witches - find some magick
    Waxing & Waning - Pagan fiction and short stories

~~~~

What, you can buy stones offline?!

Nah, I usually travel towards Kansas City and get mine at a place called Crescent Springs.

Heaven and Nature of Harrisburg, PA is where I get all my gemstones and crystals. Vonnie, the owner of Heaven and Nature, goes to the Tucson Gem Show every year to stock up on all the gemstones and crystals. She gets in some beautiful specimens. Everything from points, spheres, and tumbled to cathedrals, skulls, phallusses, and goddesses to raw and unpolished specimens. She even carries some of the most beautiful gemstone and crystal set in sterling silver I've ever seen. If you become one of her regular customers she will even take "orders" for when she does go to the Tucson Gem show and do her best to find what you're looking for.

The store's website is here

Heaven & Nature Store
    In Business since 1991
    3972 Jonestown Road
    Harrisburg, PA 17109
    (717) 545-0204

Hours of Operation
    Mon-Sat 10:00 AM-08:00 PM
    Sun Closed

Products & Services
    * Angels
    * Aromatherapy Products
    * Books
    * Buddhism
    * Clothing
    * Angels
    * Aromatherapy Products
    * Books
    * Buddhism
    * Clothing
    * Crystals
    * essential oils
    * Fairies
    * Goddesses
    * incense
    * metaphysical
    * music
    * Natural Body Care
    * new age
    * Scented Candles
    * Spirituality
    * Wicca

There's a GREAT place in Salt Lake City, Utah that I've started buying from. The prices are pretty darn reasonable (example: $1 for a small hematite, $2.50 for a tiger's eye and so on..)

I think you can buy online but the prices are better in store, of course!

http://www.rocks4u.com/

I highly recommend this place!

Quote Originally Posted by Miwu View Post
    There's a GREAT place in Salt Lake City, Utah that I've started buying from. The prices are pretty darn reasonable (example: $1 for a small hematite, $2.50 for a tiger's eye and so on..)

I think you can buy online but the prices are better in store, of course!

http://www.rocks4u.com/

I highly recommend this place!
    good site. but the lortone rocktumblers are a little too high. Lortone makes good rock tumblers but seek somewhere else in buying it there. eBay has some at a much less expensive price.

the grit prices are good however.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by lightdragon View Post
    good site. but the lortone rocktumblers are a little too high. Lortone makes good rock tumblers but seek somewhere else in buying it there. eBay has some at a much less expensive price.

the grit prices are good however.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll remember that if I ever buy any.

Thumbs up hi

hi

Personally I've always had great experiences in Earth Gems (Calgary, AB). They have a large variety of common and rare stones in various shapes and sizes, as well as bead stones. Their prices are also quite reasonable, and the owners are highly knowledgeable and friendly. *Note: It can be tricky to find. It is located upstairs above a travel agency(I think) and isn't glaringly obvious, so try to watch for the sign they put out on the walkway during store hours. They are about midway down the block.*
    Earth Gems
    #201-1022 17 Avenue Southwest
    Calgary, AB
    T2T 0A5
    (403) 244-5027

As well, New Age Books & Crystals‎ (located in Kensington) offers a considerably smaller but still decently priced collection. From my few experiences they seem quite nice and offer some rarer books, especially where stone lore is concerned.
    New Age Books & Crystals
    142 10 Street Northwest
    Calgary, AB
    T2N 1V3
    (403) 270-7272‎

Although I have never been, my cousin recently recommended Soul Food (located in West Hillhurst), after I inquired about the stone she was wearing when I saw her. I am unsure of the extent and prices of their collection, so if anyone can add/verify that would be greatly appreciated.
    Soul Food
    213 19 Street Northwest
    Calgary, AB
    (403) 270-0410‎

As far as I know these places do not do online orders, and as I prefer to go in and feel the stones before I buy I do not know of any good online store for buying stones.
    Last edited by Secra; April 11th, 2010 at 01:01 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast