Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dogs used as knife targets by Peruvian military

New Iberia, LA desperately seeking real estate in Rivendell
    Originally posted by Marchosias
    Perhaps it would be more interesting if it was a rotweiler, and untied? Taking for granted that it will fight back, it would result in a more...exhilerating experiance. Not that I support the practice, but wheres the fu-- I mean challange, when it cant fight back?
    Actually, the Soviet special forces (Spetsnatz) did something along these lines. They were trained to fight with their trench tool, using it almost like a tomahawk. Their final exam involved being locked in a dark room with a rabid dog, armed only with their trench tool.

from the article...

The aim is to turn them into men who are not merely untroubled by the sight of blood, but positively relish it.
    that makes no sort of man, but a cowardly waste of skin.
    Hail to the Shnenz... the goddess of the Red Headz, Princess of Perfect Grammar and the SWAT team!

When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize Stitch is my energy.

Visit The Eternal Fyre BB!

Originally posted by Valnorran
    Actually, the Soviet special forces (Spetsnatz) did something along these lines. They were trained to fight with their trench tool, using it almost like a tomahawk. Their final exam involved being locked in a dark room with a rabid dog, armed only with their trench tool.
    As far i remember a certain branch of the SS also had a very similiar training.

New Iberia, LA desperately seeking real estate in Rivendell
    Originally posted by shnen
    from the article...

that makes no sort of man, but a cowardly waste of skin.
    That's also a quality you don't want in a soldier. A soldier should be, above all things, disciplined. He should not be bloodthirsty or maniacal. He should be a calm, deliberate professional dedicated to defending his country and people.

Angry

Wow that is messed up!! It never ceases to amaze me the things that go on in the world, most of which we will never even be aware of..
    ~*Sit by a river. Find peace and meaning in the rhythm of the lifeblood of the earth.*~
    Tali McGregor
    TornadoAli.com

Originally posted by Valnorran
    That's also a quality you don't want in a soldier. A soldier should be, above all things, disciplined. He should not be bloodthirsty or maniacal. He should be a calm, deliberate professional dedicated to defending his country and people.
    Totally agreed but military code of conduct and the ways it is run has also changed over the years into more aggressive pro-active etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2