Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crystals for absorbing negative energies?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander67 View Post
    I reccomend Hematite! It repells negativity as well.
    Yep. That's why I chose the piece I wear daily. It is a hematite star.
    Ancora Imparo

Hello lightdragon,

You stated...."I'm curious as i do not know of any obsidian that deflect back negativity. which ones. also please list what combos are effective."

My experience has shown me that Gold Sheen Obsidian deflects when working with a stone that carries MALACHITE + CHRYSOCOLLA + AZURITE. However it does not take on this action if these stones where used independently with Gold Sheen Obsidian. If used separately I have found it tends to transmute "negative mental energies and stabilise the emotional body". Allowing the Gold Sheen to be less of a storage compartment and more of a transformer.

Another combination, I have found, that limits Obsidian's "absorbing qualities" and promotes deflecting ones is...Snowflake Obsidian with Charoite (Russian and not Chinese); especially if used with Candle Quartz from Madagascar.

Also Green Obsidian (not the Purple + Green combination or the Rainbow composition) when working with Tibetan Jet or with Lazulite takes on a none absorbing action and promotes a mirror one instead.

I also spoke to a friend of mine who is partial to Mahogany Obsidian. Her experience has shown her that it will "deflect" if used with none heat treated or dyed Carnelian.

I have worked with Obsidian in many combinations over the years. If these do or do not work for you please share. I would be grateful to know of your success.

Also it should be noted, in my experience, if you share your Obsidian then it lessens its willingness to work in certain ways! Obsidian is a highly personal power stone. If used in impersonal ways it will not operate to its full potential.

These are strictly my understanding due to my experience or first hand observation. Take what you can use, if any, and trash the rest. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeMountain View Post
    These are strictly my understanding due to my experience or first hand observation. Take what you can use, if any, and trash the rest. Cheers.
    all I can say is thanks for the info.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Hey everyone! Thanks! So is it okay to wear more than one stone or crystal or carry around more than one of different kinds or types?

When I was on a plane and wearing a black onyx, I suddenly was overcome by worry and thought I was sick, but wasn't really sick. The man next to me offered aspirin, even though the bottle had a mixture of pills...so that seemed off. For some reason, I felt I had to take off the necklace, but then I lost my necklace on the floor. I don't know why that happened, I feel like it was mirroring some bad energy and I sensed it. Perhaps Onyx brings things into the unconscious? It seems to make sense.

Now I made a drink from mixing stones, and the one stone that seems to boost energy and transform it was a big black gnarled stone. I'm not sure what it was. It was jet black, so it might have been Jet. All I know is that it worked so well I felt like I was high and I wrote an amazing poem about fairies after drinking my elixer. The problem is that the stones left a taste in the water, after being in the sun...so I wonder if the effect was both spiritual and somewhat physical as well. I know that some stones are considered poisonous, but if a stone leaves a strong sweet taste is that bad? If anyone knows about this please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinda View Post
    When I was on a plane and wearing a black onyx, I suddenly was overcome by worry and thought I was sick, but wasn't really sick. The man next to me offered aspirin, even though the bottle had a mixture of pills...so that seemed off. For some reason, I felt I had to take off the necklace, but then I lost my necklace on the floor. I don't know why that happened, I feel like it was mirroring some bad energy and I sensed it. Perhaps Onyx brings things into the unconscious? It seems to make sense.
    sounds like it was clashing with you. sometimes this happens with stones. other times it could be it needed to be elsewhere.

Now I made a drink from mixing stones, and the one stone that seems to boost energy and transform it was a big black gnarled stone. I'm not sure what it was. It was jet black, so it might have been Jet. All I know is that it worked so well I felt like I was high and I wrote an amazing poem about fairies after drinking my elixer. The problem is that the stones left a taste in the water, after being in the sun...so I wonder if the effect was both spiritual and somewhat physical as well. I know that some stones are considered poisonous, but if a stone leaves a strong sweet taste is that bad? If anyone knows about this please let me know.
    I'm not even gonna guess the stone as there are lots of black stones. and using ANY stone that for an exlir you don't know is extremely risky and potentially dangerous.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

is offline Mostly Benevolent Spiritual Warrior
    I realize it is not a crystal but I am surprised no one mentioned pumice.. its an excellant filter for negative energies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Indigo Rising:Benevolent Spiritual Warrior,Seeker of knowledge,Guardian to those in need

I recommend tourmalinated quartz

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoRising View Post
    I realize it is not a crystal but I am surprised no one mentioned pumice.. its an excellant filter for negative energies
    good answer. any stone,crystal,metal ,fossil ,shell or bone piece will do.

hhhm, strangely ive never used hematite before? I will give this a try and see what it does

Im always wanting to clear negative energy in my environment - especially in my room where a lot of things go on.

I think I will give my room a whole spring clean - maybe put some sea salt in the room and see how it can help clear the air a little

also, yes if I have obsidian and thought it was way too powerful - all sorts of weird thoughts started coming out.

I normally stick to using citrine but I know that isn't as effective. I will need to research this more
    Last edited by energyflow; October 14th, 2010 at 04:35 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast