Thread: Yule

Yule

Alright, so Yule is practically here, and I was just wandering if anyone does anything special to celebrate? For example, my sister made cupcakes for Samhain and decorated them and I thought that was a really cool idea!

Do you do anything special for not just Yule, but the Sabbats in general? If so, what do you do to celebrate?

I usually take the time to go out for a very long nature walks on the 8 sacred days and bring gifts with me, normally of things I've cooked up or made and find little places for them. Lots of grainy cakes, hand-picked flowers, special stones, or things for the birds or other critters to eat. This year for Yule I'm making pine cone bird feeders as a simple way to help say thanks.
    Blessed Be, in both Light and Darkness.

Feed Me!

Need an amazing pagan discussion podcast to listen to? Then look no further: http://imbleedingprofusely.com/

Hiya, AromaticFey!

As it happens, we have some kickin' threads on Yule celebrations at MysticWicks that might have some ideas for you:

Yule - A good time for what kinda magick?
    Yule Celebrations

And, from a more tradition-specific perspective, the Green/Kitchen Witches offer: Sabbat Recipes, and the Pantheists ponder Winter Solstice/Yule

Hope you find some useful stuff in there!
    Last edited by Windsmith; December 24th, 2009 at 02:16 PM.
    If you're lucky you'll find something that reflects you,
    helps you feel your life protects you,
    cradles you and connects you to everything.
    Dar Williams, "The Hudson"