Thread: Member to Member readers, PLEASE READ

Exclamation Member to Member readers, PLEASE READ

It has come to my attention several times (and with several different people) over the years that we occasionally get someone who makes multiple PM requests for readings.

If you receive a reading request that seems somewhat "fishy", then please report it to Chaos Hawk or myself. If you continue to receive PMs from the same person over & over again, please report it (privately, of course).

I do sometimes send out PMs to the readers letting you know if I think you should be on your guard against someone, but sometimes people slip through the cracks.

Always remember, you are reading for others on this board as a volunteer, you do not have to read for anyone you don't want to. You can refuse to read or not, your choice. If you receive any harassment due to a decision not to read for someone let Chaos Hawk or myself know and we'll do our best to rectify the situation.

Volunteer Readers, thanks for all that you do here.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Bumpity.

I've been a little wary about asking for a reading; I may just be being paranoid, but I find it slightly rude to ask a total stranger to do a reading simply out of the kindness of their hearts. I don't know. That's just me. When I read about 5 years ago, I only did it for people I interacted with on a regular basis, whether in real life or online; I think that should be a good rule of thumb for people who feel like they are being taken advantage of. I'd give palm readings here, if I could do so over the internet, lol.
    It's boring, it's dust; it's you, your lust.

Well don't forget we have posted here as volunteers. Some of us are doing it for practice, some of us are beginners who are learning through doing, some of us are doing it out of the kindness of our hearts and others have other motives. (Myself, my professional practice has been closed for quite some time and I am staying fresh and in the right frame of consciousness through volunteer reading until it can be opened again, so it is actually helping me to read as a volunteer.)

Edited to add: but not for rude, creepy, stalkerish or aggressive weirdos like the ones who gave Lisa cause to start this thread.
    Last edited by brymble; March 14th, 2010 at 03:21 PM.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by WanderlustAfar View Post
    When I read about 5 years ago, I only did it for people I interacted with on a regular basis, whether in real life or online;
    Also for those of us who like to read, but don't like to read for people we know. I personally prefer to read for strangers, so that I don't have any personal opinions about their situation before the reading takes place. I like a nice, clean slate.

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaT4P View Post
    Also for those of us who like to read, but don't like to read for people we know. I personally prefer to read for strangers, so that I don't have any personal opinions about their situation before the reading takes place. I like a nice, clean slate.
    I prefer to read for strangers as well. I also don't want to know a lot of details either.

It doesn't bother me if people om me for a reading. If I can do it, then I will, if not I will politely decline.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Have to say, same here with the reading for strangers. With people I know fairly well, its difficult to put aside what you do know about them.
    Much easier to work in terms of energy when you don't know much about them. I find that to be true, in my experience, anyways.
    Take what is needed into the palm of your hands
    And breathe the rest away gently with a breath of kindness.

~ Native American Saying.