Thread: Strange Little 'Toothpaste' People

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer

Strange Little 'Toothpaste' People

Link

After reading the story "Little men in the car," I knew I must share my story -- my grandmother's and my mom's, to be precise. This happened to my granny when she was a very young child, so it must be in the early 1940s, when she, her parents and sister lived in Europe.

Both sisters shared a little room, where there was just enough space for their two beds and a little table. A very tall rubber plant in a pot stood on the floor in the corner by my granny's bed. One night, my granny had trouble sleeping and just lay on the bed with her eyes opened until something moving on the rubber plant caught her attention. There were about six tiny white people walking on the plant's leaves. She said she could best describe them as "made from toothpaste." They were not shining, just crisp white. The plant was very close, so she could clearly see they were about 10 cm tall, were wearing clothes and carried something in their arms. There were definitely male and female. My granny didn't feel scared, she just watched them for a while without really questioning what she was seeing or what was there to do for tiny people on a plant. Then she fell asleep.

It really seems stamped in her memory - after more than 60 years she still remembers all these details! Well, I also believed it might have been a dream, until my mother told me her experience. This is where it gets spooky.
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

I know a woman who swears a bunch of tiny people came out of her granny's ironing board. She didn't say what color they were.

thats....really interesting.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Not to play Devil's advocate here, but the fact that she saw this phenomenon while she was trying to sleep, especially when she was having trouble sleeping, leads me to believe that this may've been nothing more than a hypnagogic hallucination.

Quote Originally Posted by Laisrean View Post
    Now you've got me curious to see if I can really make little people out of my toothpaste.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*shrug*

I have all kinds of critters running around my woods so, yeah, might be some toothpaste people in there somewhere.

*shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

that's actually really creepy. my mum and her siblings grew up in a house with something that would fit the description, especially the one in the link where it mentioned the electrical wires. and they were definitely malicious.

a generation later, my sister experienced them. in a different house.

not many people have heard of them. maybe more people here have. they both, independantly, referred to them as wiremen. and they smelt like electrical burning.

once in a pub, when for some reason they were being discussed, a man said that they "got" him and showed a burn scar on his skin, blotchy with fine red threads through it.

I have never experienced them, but I find the thought very frightening. I often ask on paranormal type sites if anyone knows of them, and no one seems to. I've often wondered if they were exclusive to that area, where thankfully I don't live anymore.

but yeah, that's the closest I've seen to someone else describing them.