Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goddess Altars

is offline She who dances to the pulse of the Earth

Goddess Altars

Tonight I was setting up my altar since I decided to move it and got some new items. Plus I wanted to take some pics to share with my mom lol.

Anyways lol I noticed my everday altar is not very lunar like. eh idk if that is the right word or not. I was just imagining something more fitting for a full moon ritual I guess. (perhaps the giant sun cloth might be an issue? lol)

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my altar. Everything I have collected over the years means alot to me and I think is just perfect.

Though I am thinking I might like to rotate the look more often. Change it for different seasons and such which I haven't really done much of in the past. I have a few things like different candles, shells, different stones.

Anyways I was thinking about it and would love a dose of inspiration and to see other altars dedicated to specific Goddesses, dressed for specific seasons or sabbats or just everyday use. Please share!

perhaps I would also like to try and lure the quiet dianics out lol

So this is my current altar set up:

Listen to my sound. I am the wind, which echos through the trees. The gentle breeze which tickles your flesh. Touch that which you walk upon. I am the green fields filled with fresh flowers. My breast the mountain peaks which reach toward the heavens. My curves the endless canyons. The waters that run through my womb, nourish the sacred river of life. I am the song within the storm. The whisper on the edge of the forest. The silence. The rush of raging waterfalls. Open your eyes my child, for I am everywhere. I have never left you and never will.

I love your black Goddess statue!! I also like how you have a candle in a bowl of stones.

I maybe will take a photo of my altar once I'm done with my re-setting of it for Imbolc. I like to decorate in advance for the holidays I celebrate so I can enjoy the decorations for a while
    little zombies by p. robertson
    i was by zetta

Ok, so I don't know if this is what your looking for but this is my elemental/ house shrine. The large African violet is what I use on it to symbolize the Goddess and I tried to make it look like she was "watching" over the various elements... don't know if it came across but I really enjoy it.

:heartbrea The bestest friends I could have ever asked for! "Rufus" 3-17-88 to 10-28-06 & "KoKo" 11-01-98 to 07-29-08:heartbrea

http://www.artfire.com/users/TopazCrafts

I changed mine not too long ago. I love the way it looks now. I light the tea candles as the moon moves through its phases.

Love it!! Love the moon phase idea... how creative!!

:heartbrea The bestest friends I could have ever asked for! "Rufus" 3-17-88 to 10-28-06 & "KoKo" 11-01-98 to 07-29-08:heartbrea

http://www.artfire.com/users/TopazCrafts

I love the moon phase tea lights, too! What are the little moon phase things made on/with?
    i was by zetta

Quote Originally Posted by zombi View Post
    I love the moon phase tea lights, too! What are the little moon phase things made on/with?
    I bought wooden disks from Michael's and burned them to correspond to the moon phases. I took me less than an hour. Even if you have never done woodburning before, you will not have a problem with it.

The moon phase idea is not mine. My path is primarily focused on the 13 Moon Oracle by Ariel Spilsbury. It's a bit "New Agey," but I love the whole system.

For my path, each moon cycle (New Moon to New Moon) is focused on one archetype, but I still meditate on and connect with the other archetypes. For example, this cycle is the Great Mother, but right now, the moon phase archetype is the Initiator. So, for this cycle, it's like I am looking at each of the archetypes through the lens of the Great Mother.

For each phase there is a mantra. So, for the next few days my mantra and focus is "I surrender, and I receive, so that I can align, challenge, and clarify." In a few days, the mantra will be changed to incorporate the Wise Woman and will be "I surrender, and I receive so that I can simplify and resonate."

Each day, I light the candles as I move through the phases. I honor each archetype I have connected with, and I meditate on the mantra and meaning for the phase I am in that day.

For the time I have been working with this system, I have made changes to my practice and my way of thinking that I never thought would happen, and it has helped me to see and feel Goddess within myself.

Ooo... I am starting to sound like a commercial! Anyway, the change in my altar was inspired by the system, and my practice is much richer because of it.

Testimonial is finished

Thank you so much for sharing! It is a lovely idea and seems like a nice system, as well -- I may check it out! (:
    i was by zetta

is offline I'm not shy. I'm just studying my prey
    This is a really great idea for a thread! My altar is in transition at the moment so I can't show any photos of it just yet.
    Facebook::Witch blog::Book Blog
    Gods and Goddesses, Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft, Theology & Philosophy, Just Current Events, and Political Pagan Forum Guide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Question everything.

Quote Originally Posted by zombi View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing! It is a lovely idea and seems like a nice system, as well -- I may check it out! (:
    It is pretty awesome. It's a kit that comes with a deck of cards, a moon phase mat, three coins to throw on the mat, a book, and CD's that have meditations on each of the 13 archetypes. It is a multi-level system and can be used in a variety of ways. The author includes references to Qabalah, alchemy, magic, Eastern and Western mysticism, and New Age ideas.

It is a lot to put in one system to say the least, and that is why I focus on a little at a time. Spilsbury says that the system is "rich food" and should only be eaten in little bites at a time. She is so not kidding.

If you have a linear mind, this will blow it to smithereens! On the first meditation, my logical mind was completely blown away. I had to surrender to my intuitive mind in order to touch those parts of myself that were being called up in the meditation.

The only problem is that the kit is not being published anymore. You may still be able to get from the publisher - http://mandala.org/product_info.php?...roducts_id=494 - for the price I paid ($50), but their supply is limited. A friend of mine ordered it last week from them and so far has not gotten an email saying that they don't have it. You can order it from Spilsbury's website http://www.holographicgoddess.com/Oracles.html - , but it's $133.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast