Thread: Shoe Storage

Shoe Storage

What do you do with your shoes when you walk in the front door? Right now all I have is a gray tub and it looks horrible. I'm trying to find a dark wooden shoe holder/tub thingy but they are like $300 - what do you do?

When you walk into my house the first thing you see is shoes..... It is a mess and I would like to do something about it, but, for some reason, nothing I can think of will work. So if you find a good solution, post it, so I can have a new idea
    ~*"The only true deity is the one that you believe in"*~
    Stalker of Gareth!

Stabbing the Captain with a pickle

I have wooden wine crates, which I put my shoes in. Otherwise, I made a habit of putting them in the coat closet, if there was one by the door. I like to make use of every day items to make it work.

You could look into getting a short book case, and use wicker baskets to hold shoes. Or getting one of the "in style" cube styled containers- where you can have the fabric drawers in each cube, which could hide the shoes from sight.

Just a thought.
    -Devo
    dA | FB | LJ

is offline Mostly Benevolent Spiritual Warrior
    I personally use a nice little square open shelf unit in dark hardwood.. its atrractive and each shelf will hold a pair of adult shoes or two pairs of kid shoes

I have one similar to this one:

Mine is a mahogany wood color and I bought it target for about $50.00.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Sacred*~ View Post
    What do you do with your shoes when you walk in the front door?
    Absolutely nothing till I sit down to take a rest and then toss them off to put my feet up and kick back to relax!

Haha, thanks for the answers lol

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Sacred*~ View Post
    .... now all I have is a gray tub and it looks horrible....
    me too. XD I can't help.

I've got one of those over-door shoe racks. I have most of them on there, and the rest are still in their boxes on the shelves in my closet--the ones I don't wear as often, like the nice going-out heels.

I'm in the same boat though, I take of my shoes when I come home, but I'm generally pretty good about only having that pair out. I would suggest a cubby system though or one of those nice wicker boxes with a lid, at least then it looks nicer than rubbermaid.