Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cup & Blade

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)

The Cup & Blade

Welcome, weary traveller!

You have found yourself at the enchanted and enchanting Cup & Blade Tavern and Bar, aka The C&B. Here you can come in and have a pint of your favorite beverage and some of the best food around, served to you by our very own Mabel the pink-skirted gorilla bartender and her wonderful crew of ever-helpful house elves.

Relax with friends, or chat and make some new ones. Unload your troubles and share your joys with us here in the C&B. Or you can just sit, look up, and admire the sunny lake teeming with aquatic life floating serenely above your head. (We're located under the lake. The main entrance is through the giant tree upstairs. Push the root gnarl on the left and the elevator will be along shortly.)

There are only two things we ask. First, don't harm the dust bunnies. They're little mischief makers, but they're cute and harmless (and fun to watch). And second, Leave Your Sword, Shield, And Any Other Weapons At The Door (and keep the foodfights to a minimum). Otherwise, Grulf -- our Security Troll -- will toss you out on your ear.

One last thing: If you're new to the online Tavern and Bar scene, please don't feel intimidated if you see that there are six hundred pages or so in the thread. In these threads, just read the first post (which in this case would the words you're reading right now) and then skip to the last couple pages or so, to get the jist of what the other C&B patrons are gabbing about at the moment.

Kind Regards on behalf of the Cup & Blade Management,

NeferSesemet
    Entertainment Coordinator

**Ses, dressed in her Entertainment Director best (long suede skirt and top with lots of frings that doubles as cat toys on occasion), hangs a wood and silver sign that says "Welcome!" on a low-slung tree root near the elevator and then goes back to the sunny, cool kitchen to check on the succulent dishes simmering in various pots and to sample some of the cookies and tarts (in the name of Quality Assurance, naturally ) before any patrons drop in**
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

checks out the new tavern finds a nice dust bunny free corner to call my own... restrains myself from markin my territory... orders dinner shrimp and pasta and a glass of milk...

wonders who the tarts are....errr I mean what flavor
    Last edited by cerberus474; August 21st, 2004 at 03:33 AM.
    I am not evil because I do evil things... I do evil things because I am evil

is offline Is not only pregnant - but TWINS!! AAHH!
    I used to be the owner of a bar... I should see about that. I forgot all about it. eek!

I'll have a strawberry daiquiri... to go. Can you make those to go? mmmm
    Smiley Girl says... SMILE!!

It's the smile parade!

Hmmm

*walks into the bar and looks around* Parks a seat next to Kimbersly and looks at her drink "Yuck!"
    " Um bar tender can I have a climax with extra cherries!" * Walks over to the juke box and plays some music.*

Proud Mommy

I Got Full Custody!

*runs out of the bar singing and skipping*

Don't you want me baby??? Don't you want me oooohhhh.... *trails off*

It's the smile parade!

How the heck did this thing resurface? It got lost in the system one day and none of the mods could find it. I only created it then because I didn't want to distract from the people blowing up stuff in the LU. It doesn't need to be here now.

Go to the LU, people. They have a much better clientele there. (And the food tastes better.)

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

*runs to the LU* huzzah!

It's the smile parade!

**sighs in relief to find the C&B quiet and patron-free** Mabel, hon? Could I get a head-sized margarita, with a sugar rim, please?

**settles herself in an overstuffed chair with a blankie and some pillows and her very large drink**

**orders rib eye steak, baked sweet potato and steamed veggies, and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert**

And sangria. LOTS of sangria!

Got my job! W00t!!!!

**strolls into the C&B and sets up shop at one of the wooden tables with her terra cotta plates and paints and a glass of cherry limeade**

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast