Page 195 of 551 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 5503

Thread: What's On Your Mind - Part 2

It's too darn QUIET at my house!!! :collapse:
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Also OMM I'm trying to puzzle out this conversation from last night:

Him (in this over the top fake English Accent trying to sound all lecherous): Ello Darling, how's your apples and pears?

Me (distracted tone): Apples and Pears? I'm not familiar with that expression, what's sexual about that? Maybe it's an English expression.

Him: It's Cockney.

Me (thinking dugh, but that's in England): and that is where [trying to point out that being Cockney does't make it not English.]

Him: A part of England

Me: And they speak Bulgarian there or something?

Him: No, they speak English

Me: So, it's not and English expression why...?

Him: Because it's Cockney. Pears = Stairs.

Me: So what you were asking about was "hows your apples and stairs...?"

Him: Yep.

Me (confused): Like a staircase?

Him: Yep

Me (fascinated and curious tone): And that's normal over there. To inquire about the health and well being of people stairways?

Him (annoyed): Yes. But I didn't say it right. Pears Stairs.

Me (doubtful): Really. People go up to each other and ask how's your pears and they are really asking how's your stairs? About their staircases in their house?

Him: This is where you get all whiney and all like 'I don't get it' when I already told you I SAID IT WRONG!

*end of conversation*

So I'm sitting here thinking of upper crust people meeting each other on the street asking about each others stairs. I mean what's the response? "Oh the stairs are being very well behaved this week - haven't tripped anyone!" Or: "the stairs are a little slippery what with the new polish."
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Three glasses of wine. I am calm and fairly ready for sleep. First, though. I need some Devils Panties and some water... and to brush my teeth.

*sighs*
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Maybe I should do more laundry... That'll keep me busy for about.... 5 minutes at most???

I hope I get used to the peace and quiet... If not, I'm going to go MORE insane than I am now....
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today. I need to get this proposal done today.
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

It's almost 2 p.m. already??? WTF? Where in the dickens did the last six and a half hours go????

Cloaky

i'm being eaten by a kitty. oh no.

i finally have my car back, after taking it to the mechanic friday morning. The mechanic I left it with had a family emergency and didn't show up for work, but he also failed to call the owner to let him know what was going on, so my car just sat there for a few days. Unfortunately, this wasn't his first time pulling something like that, so he no longer has a job there.

of the last 3 major repairs on my car, 2 of them have resulted with a mechanic being fired. you'd think in this economy, people would try a little harder to hold onto their jobs...

Preparing to do an online tutorial about research ethics and the TriCouncil policy that I need to do before I can submit my research proposal for ethical review.

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.

cl&p tells me they're shutting me off on 9/16 unless they get $327 and proof of income. had 2 give up car, can't get job I think it's better if I just die.
    OFFICIALLY PROTECTED BY THE OSC!
    REST WITH THE ANGELS
    Laura Jane Yelsits Faedi
    5/12/62 ~ 4/9/10
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha
    The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
    -E.C.Stanton

Always be honest.
    Make me laugh.
    Respect boundaries.
    Take me as I am.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    Be thoughtful and make me feel special.
    -ME

Finished my TriCouncil ethics tutorial. Now I can move along and finish up my proposal and prep it to be submitted to the ethical review board.

Proudly German-Canadian.