Page 572 of 573 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 562 568 569 570 571 572 573 LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 5721

Thread: What's On Your Mind - Part 2

So, it's been a bit since I was here.
    Just taking a stroll down memory lane I guess. Trying to get my mind off things and hoping against hope for better times.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans -John Lennon
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Thanks to my longtime pal and now fellow author at the publisher, I filled in a *huge* plot hole in the MSIP...

OH, I am also almost ready to drop a finished draft on my Beta Team's laps. I hope to have that off to the AE in a few weeks. I can't wait!

We're done our holiday gift shopping AND wrapping. I'm done in. Next is the baking but that's waiting until the weekend.

Hopefully things will continue to be this bonkers after the new year... Especially if I get another book published!
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Today I filed my taxes. I'm going to get a lot of money and it will take the next 21 days to get it. I also got $25 for filing my taxes.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Contrary to the jokes, I do not "kill off" real life people in my novels, or use them as muses for my characters.

Why would I immortalize those who have hurt me in my beloved books, among characters that I love? Doing something like that doesn't make sense to me. It's only allowing them to live rent free in my head, and become famous in my work.

Sorry, but once that door closes, it's welded shut, and I move on. My antagonists are based on TV characters for the record, despite what some claim or believe.

Just saying.

This last round of plagiarism has me really p***ed off. Seriously. We authors do *not* work our butts off so someone can come along, copy our work and take money out of our pockets. Plagiarizing someone like Nora Roberts is only asking for trouble. Cripes.

I had to assure all of my fans - and I have plenty of them - that I am the real deal. I actually wrote *every single word* of what they see in anything with my name on it, and it goes for all of my upcoming stories, novels and novellas.

I'm fit to hit anyone who plagiarizes with a shovel. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    This last round of plagiarism has me really p***ed off. Seriously. We authors do *not* work our butts off so someone can come along, copy our work and take money out of our pockets. Plagiarizing someone like Nora Roberts is only asking for trouble. Cripes.

I had to assure all of my fans - and I have plenty of them - that I am the real deal. I actually wrote *every single word* of what they see in anything with my name on it, and it goes for all of my upcoming stories, novels and novellas.

I'm fit to hit anyone who plagiarizes with a shovel. Seriously.
    Is this related to the copypastecris stuff? I've only seen some of the fall out. Something like 30ish authors plagiarized?

Writers have it so hard---I feel so awful for all the people she stole from.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    Is this related to the copypastecris stuff? I've only seen some of the fall out. Something like 30ish authors plagiarized?

Writers have it so hard---I feel so awful for all the people she stole from.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, faye. It was over 30 authors, including Ms. Roberts and several other big names. I'm pissed. That bitch had *no right* to do that, yet she did... And now no one can find her. Ms. Roberts hopes to clean up some of the riffraff flying around certain spots, and I hope she does. The riffraff are making it hard for the real Indie authors to make it. They sell their books dirt cheap while the hard working Indies can't sell squat because their books are $3 USD or higher.

Thanks. It just pisses me off that we *real* authors who write our own stuff (all of it) work our asses off, while someone decides to rip us off, because they're greedy, lazy, stupid, narcissistic, and can't write their way out of a shredded and soaking wet paper bag.

Anyway... I have some good news...

My book will be 2 years old this month, so I'm participating in a St. Patrick's Day party at a romance party host online from March 14th to 17th! It's not just me from my publisher, there's at least one more author, and one of the higher up girls at the publisher (graphics design artist and author) will be there too, representing our publisher. I'm so happy about it! It's the first time I stepped out of our little group or my safe spots to promote my work... It's a bit scary, but so exciting at the same time. I'll be posting details on my blog once I figure out a few more things.

I can't wait! WHOOP!

That's so awesome, Cloaky! Go you! *hugs and high fives*

I'm not published, but I do consider myself a writer and have been plagiarized once (fanfiction). It's a terrible feeling, especially when whoever took your work gets success with it. Urgh. Hopefully the authors get credit and compensation.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    That's so awesome, Cloaky! Go you! *hugs and high fives*

I'm not published, but I do consider myself a writer and have been plagiarized once (fanfiction). It's a terrible feeling, especially when whoever took your work gets success with it. Urgh. Hopefully the authors get credit and compensation.
    Thanks faye. HUGS.

If you're writing, you're a writer. Holy smokes, even being plagiarized that way must have been awful. I think they like plagiarizing the best, so they are successful... UGH. Jerks, the lot of them.

My publisher is always keeping an eye on things like plagiarism, thankfully, and so far, so good. If anything pops up, they'll alert me.

I've been losing my mind trying to get some banners and collages ready for the party this weekend. Between people in Messenger (despite Facebook being offline or half there most of the day), insanity thanks to Hubby and Son, and that effing phone ringing every five minutes, I'm surprised I managed to get ANYTHING done in GIMP today, let alone get six (two easy, four complicated) banners/promotional posters completed...

I am ultra excited now. I can't wait for this to start. There's a lot of really nice and talented people from all over - including Indie authors - and tons of goodies up for grabs. I'm doing two giveaways. I think my publisher is doing a few too. It's going to be a wild but fun weekend!

Oh, and I'm still deep in revisions for my novella. I want that sent to the AE ASAP. I need a beta, and I know exactly who I'm grabbing - one of my old school chums!

Sounds like a jam packed to do list! I hope the event works out well for you---you'll have to let us know how it goes!
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests