Page 561 of 566 FirstFirst ... 61 461 511 551 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 5660

Thread: What's On Your Mind - Part 2

T minus 2.5 days til vacation!

Las Vegas here I come! (also, best friend sighting for the first time in over a year, can I get a HELL YEAH!!!).

I so need this.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Woke up with a massive headache this morning. Have an eye appt in a few hours. I see this going crappily. Husband went back to bed and I know he stayed up later with Amelia to get her to sleep, but jfc. I only get a break when he's home a couple days every two weeks...

OMM: I wish I was still in bed instead of watching toddler appropriate music videos on YouTube, barely finishing one before being asked to move on to a different one, usually with indecipherable descriptions because toddler.

Three days until release day. Starting to shake in the sneakers a lot more. This is really happening folks!

Yesterday was fun... I wound up doing one last HUGE round of edits on the soon to be book for my publisher. Then went loopy doopy afterwards, just because I'm nervous and excited all at once. I just hope a few people outside of my publisher and beta team likes it...

Five years of work, finally coming down to *this*. Holy freaking hells, and then some.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    1. I started revising and proof reading yesterday. It is better than I thought it would be.

2. Already have a new idea to go with for the next one.

3. Also picked up a pencil and sketched for the first time in forever. Feels good.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    Good luck, Bartman. Just remember to accept all criticism, and don't get discouraged. Keep writing until it's second nature to you.

OMM:

Five days to go until release day... FRIDAY!!! I'm starting to shake in the sneakers now... Stage fright is setting in.

Last night, Husband reminded me that my publisher wouldn't have offered a contract if they didn't think it would sell. Good point. It doesn't take away all of the pre-release jitters though.

I stayed up till 3 a.m. on Friday and added another 2300 words to the WIP.... I'm now in the middle of Chapter 4. This story is almost writing itself.

My self imposed deadline for finishing this one is when school gets out in June... I'd have to check the school's website for that, because things are different now that Son is in Junior High.... But it's still about 3 months from now. Hopefully I can squeeze in some extra writing between promoting the book and the guys being on vacation this week, Hubby did promise he'd take Son out for a few hours. If I can get a solid chunk of 3 to six hours by myself, I'd make a huge dent in this one's first draft... Tee hee....

T minus 2 hours until Hubby gets off work and starts his vacation!
    Oh I'm getting some feedback to a few people who like my writing.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon Flux View Post
    1. I started revising and proof reading yesterday. It is better than I thought it would be.

2. Already have a new idea to go with for the next one.

3. Also picked up a pencil and sketched for the first time in forever. Feels good.
    Awesome! Don't forget to set it aside for a while so it fades from your memory a bit. It'll help you see any mistakes a lot easier.

OMM: It's official...

I AM A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!!

My first book went LIVE at 4 a.m. my time - midnight Pacific Time (my publisher is in British Columbia) - despite a lot of snafu's and a few last minute technical difficulties. I was up till after 1 a.m. working on things and in constant touch with their EIC, making sure everything was going to be a GO for this morning's releases.

I have a copy of the actual book for my own records in various formats, as well as a PDF of it. So pretty! It looks amazing... I can't wait for people to see it, and enjoy it!

I'm wonky, tired, nervous, excited and so freaking HAPPY I'm in tears... It finally happened, after five freaking years of working on it from Incarnation #1 to the final product. Five years of writing, revisions, rejections, writing, more revisions, a FULL FREAKING REWRITE, more revisions, more edits, more rejections and TWO title changes has all come down to today.

I'm a little sad to be done "their" story, but at the same time, I'm happy to see it out there for people to read and enjoy.

And I am also happy knowing I can easily and briefly "check in" on them in a future story. I think my betas will love that idea, going by their reaction to the mains...

Back to my newest WIP I guess. If I don't write and submit stories to my publisher, I don't get paid.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

Yay Cloaky! That is so awesome!

I've barely edited anything on my story so far. Been a little blue and now have a comission for concept art for a gaming company about to start, but I am keen to get going on my YA urban fantasy idea.

As soon as I can get out of the blues funk I am in, that is.

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks Aeon! I think it's hitting Amazon on Friday... I'd have to check though to be sure. I don't think it's going to be a POD option though, I think they prefer it to be 70K or over, my book is only 60K... Unless there are a lot of sales off their site, THEN they MAY consider it. Or is it page amount? I'll have to check. *blink*

There is a little bit of a letdown after zipping through a first draft... I hate that. That's part of why I set it aside and try to tackle something else like another story, a craft or something else that will keep me distracted until it passes.

The last one I finished didn't bother me at all, probably because I jumped into this new one almost right afterwards.

Speaking of which, I'm now almost done chapter five... I added another 2300 words today alone, busting my word count goal for the week by 800 already... And I still have a full writing day later this week.

And if any of those effing hypocrites I'm thinking of start name dropping my pen name to make themselves look important, I may wind up dropping something of my own - a few hexes. Sure, it's okay to ignore me while I'm "playing" being a writer or because a certain golden child hates the fact I'm actually DOING something real with my life, but the instant I get a publisher, I'm the entire family's best friend. Uh huh. I abhor hypocrites... They make me feel icky each time I go near them. Blech.

They forget that I have a near photographic memory and easily remember who was there for me, and who wasn't.....

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

Whoot! Well, I'll check this weekend for it, and if it's out I'll get it.

I think I'm suffering from a bit of a shock to the system of having completed a first draft in that short of a time. I kind of feel happy and sad at the same time. It's like having had a really intense relationship and then it's over, and revision/editing feels like going through all the things they left behind and all the sentimental stuff one kept and then putting it into the appropriate boxes. it's a little weird, but that's how it feels.

On the other hand I have some concept art work coming my game from a gaming company, so that's awesome. And I am warming to my YA Urban Fantasy really well.

If I ever get published I know full well my sister in law is going to be completely two-faced to me. All of a sudden she's going to be nice and want contact again, so I can sympathize with that blech feeling. Some people are always nice when they can get something out of it, but icy cold if there's nothing significant in it for them other than friendship and good company.

Thanks Aeon!

That's normal when one burns through a first draft. Take a few days to breathe, come down from it and regain your balance. You deserve it!

That's exactly what it's like. Wait until you see the final product, as in the final draft that's about to be published. That is something else. It's a huge shock to the system, or it was for me. My book turned out really pretty though, I love the way my publisher does their finished product.

I'm still in the "Holy Crap I am PUBLISHED!" fog. I don't think I'm going to come out of that for a while... Until I get the first nasty review.

One has to have ultra thick skin when published. If you can't take the bad with the good, you shouldn't put your work out there.

Ew. You have one in the family too? Great.

Play "Right Through You" by Alanis Morrisette each time she comes near you. My favorite line in it is "You scan the credits for your name, and wonder why it's not there..." It's about a jerk who uses people for their own personal gain. I tend to share that on Facebook when I am in one of the fit to hit the sister with a shovel moods.

It's snowing again. We had a mild winter and now that it's spring, here comes Jack Frost. May I please run him over with a steamroller??? Gah.

Cloaky

1867 - 2017