Page 566 of 568 FirstFirst ... 66 466 516 556 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 5676

Thread: What's On Your Mind - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon Flux View Post
    OMM: Just clicked submit on my first proposal. Done, dusted. 3 month waiting time, if I hear nothing I move on to the next publisher. At least I can just forget about it now and move on to other things, still a tick off of my bucket list. And I already have a couple of WIP's going.
    Oh my goodness, best of luck Aeon! Let me know if you get a rejection or not, please!!

OMM:

I'm still not allowed writing for the time being. I'm burned out according to Husband and Tabby. I am allowed cleaning up that draft I finished in February though, and I'm in the middle of that one's first run through.

I'm still going to my favorite indoor track and doing the full kilometre (four laps of 250 m each, or 2/3 mile for the Americans lurking)... I hope to get swimming at the same complex sometime soon. My son will go with me for that, he loves the pools there.

I think I am starting to lose a little weight... My newest medication has a side effect of weight loss, and I think between that, going to the track at least 3 times a week, and eating right is starting to work. I'm feeling a lot better too, and everything is starting to come back into balance. Finally!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

OMM: I can't believe my little munchkin will be 3 in six days. Where did the time go and can I have it back?
    I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess. ~ Angelina Jolie

Quote Originally Posted by Know Your Rights View Post
    OMM: I can't believe my little munchkin will be 3 in six days. Where did the time go and can I have it back?
    My son turned 13 in May, and my only nephew just turned 20. It's freaking scary how fast time goes.

OMM:

So I'm now up to 1250 metres (1.25 km) for a walk at the track - five laps - but I'm upping that to six laps - 1500 metres or 1.5 kilometres - on Friday. I'm getting faster at completing a kilometre, so it's time to start upping the distance a bit at a time.

I'm also allowed revising and editing now. Writing too, IF I can fix the problem in the first draft in progress. I've got two days left before summer vacation so I'm going to use them... AFTER I do my laps at the track the next few days.

We have THREE full days of school left in the year. Holy smokes, this school year went by really fast. Too quickly for my tastes. Son will be in GRADE SEVEN in September.

I'm getting old folks.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

Funny story happen to me at work today. I told my co-worker that we;'re going to have a fire drill. He asked How do you know? I said intuition. Two seconds later there was a fire drill. Everybody went outside. My co-worker said Someone must've told you that we're going to have a fire drill today and he didn't believe me.. Honest to god. I'm not making this up. True story.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; June 21st, 2017 at 03:49 PM.
    I'M RICH! MITCH!

I've made it through one of the scariest rough patches I've had in quite a while. Like sophomore year of high school long while,
    Depression can be a bitch sometimes.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans -John Lennon
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

I'm poking my head in after 5 years. I can't believe it's been ten since I joined. Seems pretty dead in here now, and looks very different. Looks like forums were culled back a lot too.
    ~Rose

Has it been a month since my last visit? Good grief, things have been so crazy I easily lose track of time....

I've been hitting the track, I'm up to 1500 m (almost a mile, 1.5 km) per round, and I've done some swimming at my aunt's house, she has a pool. I just have to be careful though, I got a nasty sunburn while down there last week and I'm peeling. Gross.

I'm down three pounds in three weeks... That's good, right?

Debating which manuscript to submit to my publisher next... I'm working on TWO that are finished drafts and both are good, they're standalone stories. My one beta thinks I should send in *both* - which is a good idea - but which one FIRST is the question.... I'll figure it out, once things settle down here. Like September, after school starts.

If anyone sees my brain, kindly send it back to me... I'm so damn spaced from running around some days I'm lucky if I remember to get dressed. Geez.

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    W00t! Congrats on the 3-lb loss!

On my mind: I'm obsessing about the lack of female flowers on my zucchini plants. Only female flowers get to have fruit. No female flowers means no zucchini to eat. Grrr.
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Thanks Ahautenities! I know I'm still losing... I stretched earlier and my pants just about fell off me. That's a good sign.

I'm up to a mile at the track (1.6 km), and I hope to be up to a full 2 km (1 1/3 mile) by the time school starts in September.

OMM:

The hard drive in my desktop computer died - it's a full failure, the actual hardware has something wrong with it - so I'm now using a laptop given to me by a friend a few years ago. It's slow and clunky but it's doing the job, I can still write on it because Word 7 is compatible with Word 2013... and 2016, which I'll be using as soon as I get the desktop rebuilt with a new hard drive.

My main problem is getting the 160 GB hard drive from my old Acer system (Vista) formatted for Windows 8... It IS compatible - I contacted its manufacturer - but it has to be formatted a certain way and it won't let me do it via the Windows 8 setup. So, it looks like another trek to my computer tech this week, to talk to him about how to do it... If I don't get any help from Microsoft. I'm thinking via a command prompt may work but I want to be doubly sure.

If I can't do it, or it will cost me a zillion dollars for them to do it, I'll just get a brand new drive already formatted for Windows 8, and go from there on my own.

In the meantime, I'm working on cleaning the two manuscripts in question, and still setting up the laptop so I feel more like I'm on "my" computer instead of the backup system.

(((Have I ever mentioned how much I despise typing on a laptop, especially since I have really long fingernails?)))

Thank the gods I'm so bloody meticulous about backups... I love my external hard drive. It has paid for itself a thousand times over now.

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ahautenites View Post
    I'm obsessing about the lack of female flowers on my zucchini plants. Only female flowers get to have fruit. No female flowers means no zucchini to eat. Grrr.
    These are my zucchini, but the tomatoes just aren't coming...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zuch.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	113491 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zuch2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	113492
    Beer is proof the Gods love us and want us to be happy.