Page 559 of 571 FirstFirst ... 59 459 509 549 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 569 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 5701

Thread: What's On Your Mind - Part 2

  1. #5581
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deep Into My Writing
    Posts
    14,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I know. The tarot was right about the semifinals. The Zombie Tarot said that I was going to lose the second round and it was spot on.
    Dratters. Maybe next time you'll get the gold?

    OMM:

    I finally heard back from my publisher last night, and I'm hoping to get a release date for my first book sometime soon. I'm nervous and excited at once... I still can't believe this is actually happening!

    Hit my word count goal for the week in one day of writing. Darn good thing I did too... Today is another snow day, and there's a one day teacher's strike across the province tomorrow. It's a darn good thing I can edit, proof and format with a noisy child here - just crank up the music and drown out real life for a bit.
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

  2. #5582
     is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    OMM:

    I finally heard back from my publisher last night, and I'm hoping to get a release date for my first book sometime soon. I'm nervous and excited at once... I still can't believe this is actually happening!

    Hit my word count goal for the week in one day of writing. Darn good thing I did too... Today is another snow day, and there's a one day teacher's strike across the province tomorrow. It's a darn good thing I can edit, proof and format with a noisy child here - just crank up the music and drown out real life for a bit.
    Yay for release date on book and YAY for hitting word count goal that soon! What's your weekly word count goal?
    Previously known as Njorun Alma


    "A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw


  3. #5583
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deep Into My Writing
    Posts
    14,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon Flux View Post
    Yay for release date on book and YAY for hitting word count goal that soon! What's your weekly word count goal?
    Thanks Aeon! I'm not fully sure on the release day but it will be all over Facebook and my blog when I'm allowed to start promoting it. I just sent the edited manuscript with any edits that I caught to my editor, and if she doesn't see anything else, it's going to the head editor for his approval. If he approves it, it's the draft that will be the one published on various e-book sites around the world.

    On average it's about 1500 to 4K, depending on how many days Husband is working a daytime during the school week. Rule of thumb is about 1500 words per day for me. If I'm on a roll, I will aim higher, closer to 2500 per day.

    I'm about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way finished this MSiP's first draft, and it's about 40K right now. I tend to be very minimal in first drafts and build up in later drafts. If I don't do it that way, I tend to ramble.

    The one that's close to being published is short, just under 60K total word count including the dedication.

    I'm scared out of my mind, but happy this is finally happening.

    How's your writing going?
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

  4. #5584
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deep Into My Writing
    Posts
    14,942
    I finally saw the cover for my first book today! It is GORGEOUS, the artist did an amazing job!!

    The model she picked for the lead male (LM) is drool worthy in my opinion... And she pretty much nailed his looks and the lead female (LF) perfectly.

    I started to cry when I saw it... Seeing those two finally come to life for the first time was so emotional for me. I've been working on this particular story since 2010 on and off... To see the characters represented to beautifully makes me beyond happy.

    I've been going nuts trying to get the final draft fully proofed with help from the EIC at my publisher and my assigned editor. It's finally DONE and all ready to go.

    Now waiting for a release date! Can't wait!!!

    WHOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

  5. #5585
     is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    I finally saw the cover for my first book today! It is GORGEOUS, the artist did an amazing job!!

    The model she picked for the lead male (LM) is drool worthy in my opinion... And she pretty much nailed his looks and the lead female (LF) perfectly.

    I started to cry when I saw it... Seeing those two finally come to life for the first time was so emotional for me. I've been working on this particular story since 2010 on and off... To see the characters represented to beautifully makes me beyond happy.

    I've been going nuts trying to get the final draft fully proofed with help from the EIC at my publisher and my assigned editor. It's finally DONE and all ready to go.

    Now waiting for a release date! Can't wait!!!

    WHOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!
    YAY! Congratulations!
    Previously known as Njorun Alma


    "A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw


  6. #5586
     is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    Thanks Aeon! I'm not fully sure on the release day but it will be all over Facebook and my blog when I'm allowed to start promoting it. I just sent the edited manuscript with any edits that I caught to my editor, and if she doesn't see anything else, it's going to the head editor for his approval. If he approves it, it's the draft that will be the one published on various e-book sites around the world.

    On average it's about 1500 to 4K, depending on how many days Husband is working a daytime during the school week. Rule of thumb is about 1500 words per day for me. If I'm on a roll, I will aim higher, closer to 2500 per day.

    I'm about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way finished this MSiP's first draft, and it's about 40K right now. I tend to be very minimal in first drafts and build up in later drafts. If I don't do it that way, I tend to ramble.

    The one that's close to being published is short, just under 60K total word count including the dedication.

    I'm scared out of my mind, but happy this is finally happening.

    How's your writing going?
    Awesome!

    Yeah. My writing is going good. Up and down. I usually do around 2000 - 3000 words per day during the weeks, sometimes I do a little less and have to play catch-up, but right now I am at 65K words and am hoping to tie it all together at around 90 - 100K words towards the end of March. So for once I have something that essentially is writing itself. It feels good.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma


    "A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw


  7. #5587
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,270
    So proud of both of you! Cloaky, can't wait to see your book and purchase it. And Aeon, go you, you're on a roll!

    I've been attempting to get back into writing. When that depression/anxiety crap hits, it's one of the first things to go. I've started working on a collaborative project with one of my best friends, a long time roleplay we are going to adapt into a series.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog



    Accepting Tarot Requests

  8. #5588
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deep Into My Writing
    Posts
    14,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon Flux View Post
    YAY! Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeon Flux View Post
    Awesome!

    Yeah. My writing is going good. Up and down. I usually do around 2000 - 3000 words per day during the weeks, sometimes I do a little less and have to play catch-up, but right now I am at 65K words and am hoping to tie it all together at around 90 - 100K words towards the end of March. So for once I have something that essentially is writing itself. It feels good.
    Thanks! I'm so excited, my poor husband is peeling ME off the ceiling instead of our son for a change. I can't stop looking at the cover picture, it is *gorgeous*...

    That sounds normal for a full time writer. Any story that writes itself is *gold*! Not many authors are lucky enough to get one like that every time. 100K is a good goal to aim for. Not too high, and not too low.

    It's one hell of a rush when things go right, isn't it?

    I just finished my latest WIP's first draft over the weekend, and I'm now in the first round of EDITS! *puke* That one was done 2 weeks before my self imposed deadline of March 10. Not bad considering I wasn't sure if I'd even finish this one. It's one I started in 2014 but had two other stories come into my brain and shove this one to the back burner - one I deemed "practice", and the one that's going to be published in a few weeks. Glad I finished it, I hate leaving unfinished work on the hard drive gathering dust....

    I'm also beta reading/editing a story (maybe the entire series) for one of my beta readers. This guy is REALLY good in rough draft, I see him being next on the list of my published pals. Or one of the next ones. If I can help someone achieve that, I will, by beta reading and telling them my experiences.

    I'm now thinking about *which* idea to tackle next. Tabby said something a while back that gave me tons of plot bunnies (term used to describe new ideas stemming from something we read, heard or had in another manuscript) and I would love to see that one come to life too.

    I'll figure it out. In the meantime, back to editing and proofing I guess.
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

  9. #5589
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deep Into My Writing
    Posts
    14,942
    Quote Originally Posted by faye_cat View Post
    So proud of both of you! Cloaky, can't wait to see your book and purchase it. And Aeon, go you, you're on a roll!

    I've been attempting to get back into writing. When that depression/anxiety crap hits, it's one of the first things to go. I've started working on a collaborative project with one of my best friends, a long time roleplay we are going to adapt into a series.
    Thanks faye! I'll message you when I have the release date and I'm allowed to show off the cover... It's a really *steamy* scene, and oh boy, the model the artist chose for the lead male is to die for. I like it so much I have it as the wallpaper on my computer and my phone right now.

    Depression and anxiety are the *worst* things for any kind of creativity. It blocks the pathways, and it's horrid. I have both too, and it's only thanks to medications that I'm able to function most of the time. I find my anxiety is a lot better now that we're getting a nice batch of warmer weather without blizzards. This time of year always makes me feel blah.

    Collaborations can help with writer's block. I find what works best for me is just *writing*. Doesn't matter what the subject is, just write. Describe your sneakers. The cat's whiskers. The image on your phone's wallpaper in detail. It doesn't matter. Write something, no matter how awful, and sometimes it cleans out things. Or it does for me.
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

  10. #5590
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deep Into My Writing
    Posts
    14,942
    I finally got the release date for my first book - March 17th!!! I'm so excited!!! It's up for preorder on the publisher's website now, and I have a few sales already. A lot of my friends have been waiting patiently for my first book for years.

    I'm now going loopy doopy trying to promote it to death. I'm about to tackle my author website, to update it with information about the book, as well as WHO is publishing it. Fun stuff. NOT.

    If y'all hear a lot of swearing and see a blue cloud over my end of Canada, think nothing of it. It's just yours truly.

    I'm also shaking in my sneakers... I've never been published before. I hope people like it...
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •