Thread: The "Joker"

The "Joker"

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

I've seen these in person over in Helmand Province. Awesome vehicles but not infallible. Now, had no one said anything about them it would have taken the Taliban probably a year to come up with some kind of counter against it. But now that they advertised it (because believe me they are reading our news and learning all they can from all sources) it won't be long before they just change their tactics and make even these ineffective.

I help find IED's and when they're found I disarm them. My whole job is to understand their mindset and try to be a step ahead of them. When will we learn that by advertising all of our capabilities we're shooting ourselves in the foot? My only hope here is that they will be smart and continually improve their design and tactics as they go on in an attempt to stay a step ahead of the terrorists.

But, on another note, these are freaking AWESOME!!!! hehe They really do work great and can take quite the beating. One hell of a sight in action.
    EOD is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable data taken from inconclusive experiments with instruments of problematic accuracy by persons of questionable mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherlite View Post
    I've seen these in person over in Helmand Province. Awesome vehicles but not infallible. Now, had no one said anything about them it would have taken the Taliban probably a year to come up with some kind of counter against it. But now that they advertised it (because believe me they are reading our news and learning all they can from all sources) it won't be long before they just change their tactics and make even these ineffective.

I help find IED's and when they're found I disarm them. My whole job is to understand their mindset and try to be a step ahead of them. When will we learn that by advertising all of our capabilities we're shooting ourselves in the foot? My only hope here is that they will be smart and continually improve their design and tactics as they go on in an attempt to stay a step ahead of the terrorists.

But, on another note, these are freaking AWESOME!!!! hehe They really do work great and can take quite the beating. One hell of a sight in action.
    I often wonder this myself when they discuss war strategy on NPR. Reading through the article they do reveal some pretty key information about how this machine travels when it does.

Back to the Breacher:

I grinned when I read this guy's statement about his Breacher:
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    The Joker's driver, Sgt. Jeremy Kinsey, 23, from Sunny Side, Washington, even triggered a live IED during his Breacher's first combat outing in December. The 60-pound (27-kilogram) bomb exploded on his plow, powerful enough to rip out a tire or an axle from a normal armored vehicle.
    The Breacher barely registered. "It shook slightly," Kinsey said. "I laughed and I drove on."

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~