Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who got new deck?

Talking Who got new deck?

Time to share your new decks, people! :D

I got the Fortune Teller's Deck & I'm so excited. It looks like a regular playing card deck with the suits in spades, hearts, diamonds, & clubs. The court cards are more stylized, though.

Fortune Teller's Deck
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    I didn't get any!

Though, I am going to get the Vampire tarot as a present to myself. ( *pats self on the back* )

No new deck but I did get a tarot bag!

Sacred Geometry Deck

I bought my Boyfriend the Sacred Geometry oracle deck. It's beautiful O.o and seemed to suit him really well. He's happy with it, which is of course thrilling for me.

Wildchild:
    How do you like that deck? That's the next one I'm going to get, as reading playing cards is all I do and I'd like to see the perspective on them. Did you get the deck and book? Tell me more!

Thanks,
    Zaniah
    Light and Love, Zaniah
    Artist/Jewelrymaker/Angelic/Eclectic/Wiccan/Cartomancer

I got the Olympus Tarot and the Mega Mini Kit Tarot

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

East of New York and West of Rhode Island

Cool naughty decks

I got two new decks, the Cosmic Tribe tarot, and the Decameron tarot, both of which display a lot of flesh.

The Cosmic Tribe tarot caused quite a stir and it's own discussion thread on another forum. Every human in the deck is naked, and there are a majority of naked males in the deck. Someone suggested it is a 'gay' deck, but the mere abundance of dick does not necessarily make this a gay deck. Very creative, but I think the descriptions in the book get a little 'artsy'. All the people in this deck are real.

The Decameron tarot is an extended version of a previous deck, imagery based on Boccaccio's The Decameron, a lusty book that was banned, along with Boccaccio, by the Medieval church. Supposedly they are images from the stories, but most cards depict a couple happily engaged in some form or degree of copulation. The LWB does not tell you which story inspired the card. Sometimes the image has nothing to do with the meaning of the card. Since most are engaged in 'insertive sex' - this is not a deck for children...or prudes. One does wonder how the Knights can ride their steed and a beautiful maiden and not slide out of the saddle!
    "I'm NOT making this up, you know!" -- Tarotbear <)

Off his buns and on a roll.....

Hmmm. . . my bf and I occasionally trade favorite bits of the Decameron via email. . . maybe I need that deck. . .
    "It is a good divine that follows his own instructions."
    Portia,
    Merchant of Venice, I.2

"If making oatmeal cookies with bugs instead of raisins is wrong, then I don't want to be right" - Bucky Katt

is offline I found Nemo, and he was yummy!
    I got the lord of the rings oracle deck. I tried not to gigle too hard as my sweetie thought I would like it. It turns out it's a little more than a game playing deck and can be used for divination but the methods outlined in the hand book that was included seem a bit involved for me. It is a very pretty deck none the less.
    In this moment, this one glorious instant in time I know beyond all reasoning....

Hope has returned

I didnt get a deck
    but i bought my husband the celtic dragon tarot

hopefully we will get to use it this week some time

and when i get my new sewing machine i will make a bag for it
    ]

Re: Sacred Geometry Deck

Originally posted by Zaniah
    Wildchild:
    How do you like that deck? That's the next one I'm going to get, as reading playing cards is all I do and I'd like to see the perspective on them. Did you get the deck and book? Tell me more!

Thanks,
    Zaniah
    I got the book and the deck as a set. It feels different from my tarot decks and certainly very different from regular playing cards. I love the artwork on the court cards. The book is great that she gives the keywords to each cards as well as her interpretations. That way, you can easily glance through & form your own interpretations. But if you've been reading with playing cards, you would not need her book. I like the spreads she uses. Most of them I've never seen before...not that I know that many! :D I wish she had gone into more details about the history of the spreads, though. One thing she does stress is that these cards are not playing cards & should not be used as such. I kinda wondered if that was why I never took to reading with playing cards before. So far, all I've done is to cleanse them & did a quick reading with them. I'm looking forward to trying them out further.
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast