Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Working with Lord Baphomet

Working with Lord Baphomet

Peace Everyone I am new to the forums and its very nice to meet everyone, Last year a Deity came to me and has remained with me.
    I hadn't had any exposure to him in the past, and he appeared in dream form first and then came in Deity form later.
    He frightened me at first because of the lack of positive exposure about him,
    but after working with him for a while he is very sweet and very powerful and helped me to balance energies taking place within my life.
    I have spoken with a few people who have heard of Lord Baphomet and was reading Christopher Penczancks book Gay Witchraft and he mentions him as a god of fertility Later in a dream he (himself ) revealed that he was in fact a form of Lord Khum the Ram headed god of Egypt i was Interested to learn more and read about him he was one of the God's of the Nile causing the Nile to flood and rise.
    I wonder if anyone here has ever worked with him and how they felt about him.
    Peace Crowdancer
    Last edited by crowdancer; March 21st, 2010 at 06:19 AM.

I never really worked with him but he's been on my mind lately after I reconnected with Lilith, so I am starting to do research about him. I know he is the one who also has a negative reputation but I can't help but to go along with this.To me his is quite misunderstood or probably is origins are twisted because people use this as a image of evil but I am quite nervous also (mostly because what others may think, then again I shouldn't care and when I usually look at his image I feel a bit "heavy" but not in a bad or alarming way)

Lately for me,there has has been a few Deities who come into my life whom also has negative reputations with other religions and some who do have them anyway for a reason (let me put that I don't choose them, they come to me and I am open to listen), but I still accept them nonetheless.
    Last edited by Wolffang; April 22nd, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

Here is some information about Baphomet from a book of mine:
    The origin of the name Baphomet is unclear. It may be a corruption of Mahomet (Muhammad). The English witchcraft historian Montague Summers suggested it was a combination of two Greek words, baphe and metis, meaning “absorption of knowledge.” Baphomet has also been called the Goat of Mendes, the Black Goat and the Judas Goat. In the Middle Ages the Baphomet was believed to be an idol, represented by a human skull, a stuffed human head or a metal or wooden human head with curly black hair. The idol was said to be worshiped by the Order of the Knights Templar as the source of fertility and wealth.

In 1307 King Philip IV of France accused the Order of the Knights Templar of heresy, homosexuality and, among other things, worshiping this idol and anointing it with the fat of murdered children. However, only 12 of the 231 knights interrogated by the church admitted worshiping or having knowledge of the Baphomet. Novices said they had been instructed to worship the idol as their god and savior, and their descriptions of it varied: it had up to three heads and up to four feet; it was made of either
    wood or metal, or was a painting; sometimes it was gilt.

In 1818 a number of idols called heads of Baphomet were discovered among forgotten antiquities of the Imperial Museum of Vienna. They were said to be replicas of the Gnostic divinity Mete, or “Wisdom.” Perhaps the best-known representation of Baphomet is the drawing by the 19th-century French magician Eliphas Levi, called “the Baphomet of Mendes.” Levi combined elements of the Tarot Devil card and the he-goat worshiped in antiquity in Mendes, Egypt, which was said to fornicate with its women followers (as the church claimed the Devil did with witches). Levi’s Baphomet has a human trunk with rounded, female breasts, a caduceus in the midriff, human arms and hands, cloven feet, wings and a goat’s head with a pentagram (see pentac le and pentagram) in the forehead and a torch on top of the skull between the horns. The attributes, Levi said, represented the sum total of the universe—intelligence, the four elements, divine revelation, sex and motherhood and sin and redemption. White and black crescent moons at the figure’s sides represent good and evil. Aleister Crowley named himself Baphomet when he joined the Ordo Templis Orientalis, a secret sexual magic order formed around 1896 in Germany.
    Brom the book "The Pillars of Tubal Cain":
    "The name (of Bap) has been translated from the Greek Baphometis to mean batpism of wisdom. This makes perfect sense considering the aims of the Templars in acquiring ancient knowlegde. Also the goat is the outsider, the outcast, the wanderer in the wasteland, quite literally the scapegoat that was given as a sin offering to Azazel. It is also the animal image of the zodiac sign Capricon, which rules the tenth house of achievement and ambition. In astrologival lore the Capricorn goat climbs higher and higher up the mountain. It is traditionally a metaphor for an ambitious and sometimes ruthless social climber who will do anythiing to get status in the world."
    He doesn't sound particularly evil or Satanic to me. Most deities I have come across that have a bad reputation are half of the time misunderstood. Either by purpose or by lack of knowledge.

I personally don't work with him, but I feel positively about him.
    "One cannot learn the truth when one has already decided what the truth is"

(Signature & avatar made by me)

The Baphomet I worked with(ahem) was black & white until he imploded/exploded in VOID,then re-formed more perfectly in ecstatic self love in the colours of the universe,making visible a key he received earlier from Hathor,head of the astral house of Taurus....

So he is doing a job for Lilith right now,& maybe need some help transforming a load of rude material he has into something beautiful & fitting for Lilith,my female principal.

An old dragon whispered to me at the tabernacle:-

BAPHOMET-TEMOHPAB The Enlightened Master Of Holy Peace And Brotherhood

GOAT-TOAG. The Altar Of God.

You could say I like him....since his days as Ba'al.
    Last edited by The Black Elf; April 26th, 2010 at 10:31 AM.

thanks for the info i am sorry it has been a while since i was here but thanks to everyone he still sits on my altar and still i feel a strong connection to him a loving friend a brother a lover a father/mother figure he calls to me from out of the void and i feel a very intense connection to him
    so how can that be a bad thing

Very very powerful black Elf thank you the print or pic of him is a poster i have i find it very beautiful, interesting that you mention Hathor Baphomet Himself/Herself revealed to me a very powerful form he was in a vision or meditation he had shown me his form as the Ram Headed God of Egypt very old and very wise .
    so thank you and blessings Crowdancer

Quote Originally Posted by crowdancer View Post
    Very very powerful black Elf thank you the print or pic of him is a poster i have i find it very beautiful, interesting that you mention Hathor Baphomet Himself/Herself revealed to me a very powerful form he was in a vision or meditation he had shown me his form as the Ram Headed God of Egypt very old and very wise .
    so thank you and blessings Crowdancer
    Interesting Crowdancer,we are talking a few *ages* ago then,before the current age of aquarius,back an aeon to Piscus(brought in by Jesus),back another aeon to the age of the ram........prior to this you had the aeon of Hathor,Taurus.

Eh,stupid of me sticking 2,600 year labels on the ages,so faster & some slower than others.

eh,upon reflection I prefer.The Eternal Master of Hope Peace And Brotherhood.

Working for one on ASTAROTH- HTORATSA

Holy Temple of Rah A,T,S,A

OR Holy Temple of Regular Angles That Shine Always,meh.

Last edited by The Black Elf; June 15th, 2010 at 06:19 PM.

Peace Everyone I am new to the forums and its very nice to meet everyone, Last year a Deity came to me and has remained with me.
    I hadn't had any exposure to him in the past, and he appeared in dream form first and then came in Deity form later.
    He frightened me at first because of the lack of positive exposure about him,
    but after working with him for a while he is very sweet and very powerful and helped me to balance energies taking place within my life.
    I have spoken with a few people who have heard of Lord Baphomet and was reading Christopher Penczancks book Gay Witchraft and he mentions him as a god of fertility Later in a dream he (himself ) revealed that he was in fact a form of Lord Khum the Ram headed god of Egypt i was Interested to learn more and read about him he was one of the God's of the Nile causing the Nile to flood and rise.
    I wonder if anyone here has ever worked with him and how they felt about him.
    Peace Crowdancer
    I would take anything from Penczank's 'Gay Witchcraft' with a lot of salt. That said, Raven Kaldera, I think, has worked with Baphomet, so, his work may be good.

This site of his has some info, although, it is about BDSM from a Pagan perspective, but, some of it might be of use, here's the page on Baphomet, it's an extract from his book 'Hermaphrodeities'.

Good luck .

LOL!

PAINT IT BLACK,COVER IT IN ENOUGH STINK & FILTH & NO-ONE WILL EVER GO NEAR IT!

Same way the maiden/mother crone has been tarnished(Babylon).

3 horns is just the *conjute* which hardens up from the mess that falls out when your crown chakra first opens,it matures into like 3 horns which is your link to the universe(if you survive ).Same as King of the desert hill Ba'al among the Berber.

*I'll dangle you upside down in your own filth* HAH HAH HAH HAH.....very Annanukai/hanged man/upturned Hekate vibe there.

Great links David,I am obliged to you.

ps Astarot(h) =As Tarot = Star Oath (I am only mentioning him as he is *pentagram* too)

The poetry is not BAPHOMET,it is an entirely different entity call Lucifer.

Satan,Lucifer,Baphomet,beelzebub & the devil are all real & seperate entities.
    Last edited by The Black Elf; June 25th, 2010 at 06:46 AM.

thanks for the info i am sorry it has been a while since i was here but thanks to everyone he still sits on my altar and still i feel a strong connection to him a loving friend a brother a lover a father/mother figure he calls to me from out of the void and i feel a very intense connection to him
    so how can that be a bad thing
    T.E.M.P.H.A.B. The Eternal Master Of Peace,Hope And Brotherly-Love.

The Star ALGOL is ALleGOricaL,ALGOL is Lilith's Star & BAPHOMET is inextricably linked to Lilith,since way before JOSEPH(H.P.E.S.O.J.-Her Protector Ensures Safety On Journey)

Eh,if you can't explain the significance of BAPHOMET & differentiate between him & Lucifer then their is a good chance you will get burnt at the stake so pay heed my brothers.

How are you on VOID? This is where BAPHOMET is KEY!

your humble servant,

TBE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast