Thread: Ridding Addictions

Ridding Addictions

Let me preface this with: I've tried repeatedly to see if this was discussed previously and I got some ideas but I wanted to be a tad more specific.

When working or dealing in healing/rituals/spellcasting, what would your mentality be behind getting rid of addictions?

I thought maybe of looking at it like cutting cords, but those are tied to your chakra from other living things, not inanimate objects like cigarettes, alcohol or biting your fingernails. Are addictions tied to chakra? Would you be thinking of disconnecting the need for the object or creating a fear to it? How would you or have you visualized ending addictions?

Disclaimer: My family member who has asked me to look into doing something like this for them is already doing what they can to help rid their addiction themselves (ie. replacing the habit with something healthy, avoiding friends and situations that trigger, exercising, counseling, etc.)

Thanks for the input and help!
    I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
    “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

I'll be interested to see how people respond to this. My pov is generally slightly unusual when it comes to topics of this sort.
    Robert Browning
    Porphyria's Lover
    THE rain set early in to-night,
    The sullen wind was soon awake,
    It tore the elm-tops down for spite,
    And did its worst to vex the lake:
    I listen'd with heart fit to break.
    When glided in Porphyria; straight
    She shut the cold out and the storm,
    And kneel'd and made the cheerless grate
    Blaze up, and all the cottage warm;

:cheers:

SO FUNNY - http://www.devilducky.com/media/32904/

pentacle magazine (click for link)

Yes addictions are tied to chakras and being able to balance them will help in a persons ability to overcome and heal from them.

Here's a site with a list of what addictions corresponds to each chakra...
    http://www.reiki-for-holistic-health...a-diagram.html

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

Thanx for the link, Het-Hert!

Adalai, I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
    Last edited by Gypsyballad; March 29th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.

Very good info! Thanks Het-Hert!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud to have Co-Hosted MW's 1st BABY SHOWER!!

Friend me!
    http://www.myspace.com/Clair_de_la_Lune
    The Octopus' Garden:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqXs...ext=1&index=44
    Follow me! http://www.twitter.com/ClairLune_of_MW

by Glowy and Cloaked Raven!
    by abrecan, nannymouse, Mystic Christian, Cassie, and Devi!

OMG! That helps so much!
    Thank you
    I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
    “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

Quote Originally Posted by Adalai View Post

When working or dealing in healing/rituals/spellcasting, what would your mentality be behind getting rid of addictions?
    First and foremost a person has to want to heal from their own addiction. Once that is established all mundane and physical approaches to healing need to be explored and ennacted. After mundane begin the sympathetic (magical) healing. Energy work such as chakra balancing, reiki, crystals and other approaches for strengthening the will and validating the persons own work would be appropriate.

Would you be thinking of disconnecting the need for the object or creating a fear to it? How would you or have you visualized ending addictions?
    Without knowing the nature of the addiction it's really impossible to give good advice on the endeavors you propose, however, I personally don't like the sound of either disconnecting the need or creating a fear. Fear is never a good place to work toward or from. I would work more toward strengthening the resolve/will/desire to conquer and beat the addiction and heal. To do anything greater would require an intimate knowledge of the root that led to the addiction because that's where the real healing needs to occur to ensure that the addiction doesn't crop up in some other form.

Disclaimer: My family member who has asked me to look into doing something like this for them is already doing what they can to help rid their addiction themselves (ie. replacing the habit with something healthy, avoiding friends and situations that trigger, exercising, counseling, etc.)

Thanks for the input and help!
    Your family member is taking the correct approach. Validation of that can be a great benefit to them. Encouragement, moral support, and enery work to help bolster their own resolve is how I would approach helping them.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

~temple wall in Luxor~

OMG! That helps so much!
    Thank you
    Your welcome! Best of luck and great success to your family member! Their very fortunate to have someone who cares enough to help them through their ordeal!

~temple wall in Luxor~

Quote Originally Posted by HetHert View Post
    Yes addictions are tied to chakras and being able to balance them will help in a persons ability to overcome and heal from them.

Here's a site with a list of what addictions corresponds to each chakra...
    http://www.reiki-for-holistic-health...a-diagram.html
    thank you for this link...I am suffering from an eating disorder and figured a spiritual as well as mundane approach would work and stumbled upon this by chance a few weeks later

thanks
    ACCEPTING READING REQUESTS!
    SEE POST HERE OR SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE.
    "Don't make someone a priority, when they're only making you an option." - Anon