Thread: Reformed Congregation of the Goddess

Reformed Congregation of the Goddess

The group where I live meets every 3rd Thursday, and while I have known about them for some time, this past Thursday was the first time I joined them.

I was completely blown away! The energy raised by the chanting and dancing was amazing. The ritual revolved around transformation, and I definitely feel changed.

Being a part of the group will challenge me on a variety of levels. The main challenge will be to lose my self-consciousness. One day, I, too, will dance around the fire!

I have never experienced the raw power of women celebrating and raising energy together. All the groups I have experienced have been male and female, and I was curious to see if there was a difference. I don't know if it was this particular group of women, but I have never experienced group energy raised to this level. It was beautiful, visceral, and incredibly strong.

I would love to hear about your experiences with women-only groups. In terms of energy, have you found a difference with mixed-gender groups?

I am a member of RCG-I and I'm in their WTI (Women's Thealogical Institute) 6yr (+) program working toward ordination. I LOVE this group. I have had the most positive experiences with them. We have 2 weekend camps here in Wisconsin that are pretty large gatherings, and the energy we raise in ritual is spectacular. Get 100 Goddesswimmin doing the Spiral Dance in the temple space, and you will be vibrating on a whole different level! It's exhilirating. Sadly, I'll be missing the Priestess Gathering in May for the first time in years due to family commitments

Great group! Glad you were able to find one in your area. You're in Texas? Do you work with Kim?--lu
    "Calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. They did their best shodaiddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostidididildilidilly ah HELL diddily ding dong crap! Can't you morons do anything RIGHT!?"---Ned Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by shuvanilu View Post
    I am a member of RCG-I and I'm in their WTI (Women's Thealogical Institute) 6yr (+) program working toward ordination. I LOVE this group. I have had the most positive experiences with them. We have 2 weekend camps here in Wisconsin that are pretty large gatherings, and the energy we raise in ritual is spectacular. Get 100 Goddesswimmin doing the Spiral Dance in the temple space, and you will be vibrating on a whole different level! It's exhilirating. Sadly, I'll be missing the Priestess Gathering in May for the first time in years due to family commitments

Great group! Glad you were able to find one in your area. You're in Texas? Do you work with Kim?--lu

You are very right about the energy vibrating on a different level. I honestly feel like a part of me was opened that night. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just feel more aware.

I don't remember anyone named Kim, but the weather stopped many from attending. I will keep a look out for her.

I had a brain slip...I just remembered, Kim is in Kentucky I believe...lol. One of those southern states

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience! I sure am enjoying my work with them I've really become close with the wimmin of the congregation--lu
    "Calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. They did their best shodaiddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostidididildilidilly ah HELL diddily ding dong crap! Can't you morons do anything RIGHT!?"---Ned Flanders