Thread: Elementals?

Elementals?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to place this, but I keep seeing that Elementals are individuals as being tied to Hermetic/Alchemical thought.

Please correct me, if what I've read is wrong.

But on to my question.. this is what I know so far. Paracelsus brings up: Undines, Salamanders, Gnomes and Sylphs as Elementals. I dig a little deeper and I find that there's Djinn (leader of Salamanders), Queen Paralda (leader of sylphs), Necksa (Leader of undines) and ... who rules the Gnomes?

I am loving the idea of Elementals but having a very hard time finding information about them. If anyone has any suggestions for where to find more trusting sources of information on Elementals, I would love the help
    I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
    “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

Quote Originally Posted by Adalai View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum to place this, but I keep seeing that Elementals are individuals as being tied to Hermetic/Alchemical thought.

Please correct me, if what I've read is wrong.

But on to my question.. this is what I know so far. Paracelsus brings up: Undines, Salamanders, Gnomes and Sylphs as Elementals. I dig a little deeper and I find that there's Djinn (leader of Salamanders), Queen Paralda (leader of sylphs), Necksa (Leader of undines) and ... who rules the Gnomes?

I am loving the idea of Elementals but having a very hard time finding information about them. If anyone has any suggestions for where to find more trusting sources of information on Elementals, I would love the help
    King Gob of the Gnomes.

And so far as working with them, they represent the same concepts as the associated elements, and an evocation would work with the associated elemental pentagrams and likely a bit of poetry. For instance - off the top of my head - you need advice in some financial matter. That's Earth, and Gnomes, so a chat with Gob might be useful.

1) Cast your circle/sphere.
    2) Face north.
    3) Draw the invoking pentagram of earth.
    4) Say something like; "King Gob of the gnomes, I - *magickal name* - a magician, beseech you to come forth so I may inquire to your wisdom..." etc., plead, bribe, so on...
    5) Chat with the King of Earth.
    6) Thank Gob.
    7) Banishing pentacle of earth.
    Close circle/sphere.
    9) Banish.
    Last edited by sidhe; May 4th, 2010 at 06:33 AM.
    Sidhe

If I wanted your opinion, I'd read it in your entrails.

My astral realmz; let me show you them.

Wow that's surprising! :P
    I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
    “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

Well, the best way to learn about elementals is to actually work with them. Theory and reading is fine and dandy, but as they aren't particularly complex - being associated with well-defined characteristics of the elements - it's easier to work with them directly than to read about how to go about it, honestly.
    Sidhe

If I wanted your opinion, I'd read it in your entrails.

My astral realmz; let me show you them.