Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Places I would never stay the night

Aw crap, now I'm creeped out and can't sleep. Damn, I have to work in the morning...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by brymble View Post
    I studied them in my art history class, and they were, at least the ones in Rome. But the burial practices with the French onces are consistent. In a nutshell, when Christianity was an illegal religion, Christian burial was also outlawed. Because they believed in the resurection of the body, early Christians had to be buried properly, and preserved to ensure that they could rise again at the Last Judgement. Openly practicing their religion was a crime punishable by death, and so the religion was literally driven underground, and they took the bodies of their dead with them. The catacombs weren't just tombs, there was Christian worship down there, and the places are filled with the earliest Christian - which also shows Christianity to be a very eclectic faith, borrowing symbolism from other dominant religions, such as that of the Egyptians (shepherd symbolism), Mithraism, and even the cult of Bacchus (wine symbolism). The early Christians worshipped down there for years, surrounded by the preserved bodies of their dead. Sounds creepy but when you think of it, they must have poured a lot of love into that place, all their loved ones, and how much they sacrificed to keep their faith alive even as they buried their dead.
    That's true, when I hear of the early Christian Catatombs, and the way many Christians worshipped down there, I keep think it's similar to how some Tibetan Buddhists (and others) will meditate in graveyards, and other "creepy" places, who knows maybe the early Christians had some practices like that (which might be likely, considering some of the practices I've read about), I'd find that quite interesting and cool if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by brymble View Post
    Aw crap, now I'm creeped out and can't sleep. Damn, I have to work in the morning...
    Hope you get to sleep .

is offline has the right to eat chocolate
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic splash View Post
    When I was volunteering in Germany at the site of a former concentration camp, I stayed in a little house that was built for Theodore Eike, who was considered the "father of the German concentration camp." Well, there were definitely strange noises in that building, but when you go downstairs, it's always very, very dark and there are prison cells down there. I wasn't able to go down there alone... and even with others I only lasted a minute. But I did manage to sleep upstairs in the same building.
    Oh wow...that would really freak me out. Did the energy of the place feel...bad...at all?

I also wouldn't spend the night at Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum...or in fact any asylum. Or at Alcatraz *shudders*

Haunted insane asylums are what freaks me out( definitely not planning on spending the night in one) >_O.....just looking at pictures of abandoned ones gives me the creeps.

There's a very interesting tale about a mansion of some kind that was built by a woman long ago. According to what I have heard, the woman had been told by a psychic that a ghost was haunting her, so she built a home with secret passageways leading to nowhere or doors leading to a death by falling. I can't quite remember what the name of the woman was, or where the home is located, but I remember being creeped out...I would not want to spend the night there.

Haunted insane asylums would freak me out as well. I'd go insane.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    There's a very interesting tale about a mansion of some kind that was built by a woman long ago. According to what I have heard, the woman had been told by a psychic that a ghost was haunting her, so she built a home with secret passageways leading to nowhere or doors leading to a death by falling. I can't quite remember what the name of the woman was, or where the home is located, but I remember being creeped out...I would not want to spend the night there.

Haunted insane asylums would freak me out as well. I'd go insane.

Its called the Winchester Mystery House and its located in San Jose, California.

Here is a pretty cool link about it:

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

is offline Teller of Unvarnished Truth
    Hudson River Valley in the shadow of Storm King Mountain
    The whole list... alone... bring it on. My dream vacation.
    God is an underachiever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its called the Winchester Mystery House and its located in San Jose, California.

Here is a pretty cool link about it:

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

:D Thanks! That website is pretty cool, too.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    :D Thanks! That website is pretty cool, too.

I don't know if the Winchester Mystery House is haunted. Even though I believe in ghosts I take things like this with a grain of salt.

Either way, I wouldn't stay the night in there to find out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast