Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: On a Christo Pagan Path? Drop By and Say Hello!!

Hi! I am new to the site. Actually I was surfing under Christo-paganism and found this thread and the community. So thanks.
    Anyway I am recently on a Christo-pagan path. I was told when I first left the Christian faith that it was somehow less than acceptable to be both Christian and pagan and since I didn't know any better and I was lost, angry and confused I just went to the Goddess and left the old religion in the dust. However I am finding in the last couple of years and couple of months particularily that I am being called back. I have found some wonderful sites and especially one place that is all about the Christian Goddess the Wife of God and I am not just talking Mary Magdelene or the Virgin Mary for that matter. There is actually documented proof and evidence of a female God partnered with the male before Judeaism (branching into Christianity and Muslim) became all patriarchal. I was riveted! I was vindicated! I was thrilled! I specifically said I would not go back without my Goddess and then I was shown that I did not have to. More over I am finding that all the pieces of the giant, cosmic, mixed up jigsaw puzzle are clicking into place.

But there is so much more to learn! For example what is Christian mysticism? How does that work? I am learning a bit about Gnosticism and I find it very fascinating but it doesn't hold all the answers for me. Paganism didn't quite work out either, it did but it didn't something key elements were missing, just like Christianity (only more so Christianity for me). Don't get me wrong it works great for some but I get tripped up over too many rules and regulations and formal ceremonies and whatnot. I am currently an eclectic witch and sort of going hedgewitch but I am also interested in blending Christianity into it to some degree. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Greenwolf

Hi Greenwolf, welcome to MW and its Christian Witchcraft forum!!

To answer your question about Christian Mysticism, the best way I can do it is to provide you with a link to the definition in Wikipedia (even though it's not always the best source for information)... Here. Hope it helps.

There are many ways that one can combine Christianity with Paganism... Personally, I basically pray to the Christian God and do pagan-style rituals like spells, celebrating the sabbats using the proper colored candles, etc. and I do not go to church at all. But what works for one doesn't work for everyone. You have to find the right combination of Christianity and paganism that works for you, should you feel that being on a Christo Pagan path is right for you.

There are a lot of threads in this area with a lot of great information in them... Maybe poking around in here and reading different threads on everyone's beliefs and practices may help?

Best of luck and I hope that I've been helpful.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

Hello, all! I thought I'd check in. I'm not new to MW, but I am new to Christian witchcraft. I love Jesus, but I've been waffling about the witchcraft part of life. "Magic" really helps me focus during prayer and petition, and I've just started using Tarot for personal insight and found it to be very helpful. So . . . I'm finally (and nervously) taking a stand and saying, "Hey! I'm a CW!"

I just started a blog to help document my daily Tarot draws and progress, which I'd love feedback on or friendly visitors! Check it out here: daily draw | a tarot journey (http://dailydrawtarot.wordpress.com/).

I look forward to chatting with you all more!

deep journey | living the spiritual life
    Now offering detailed $7.00 professional oracle and tarot readings via Deep Journey!

hello there - i'm just discovering my ways as a christian witch here. i was on here some last year under a different name (barefoot) but kinda lost my interest for a bit due to my divorce and stuff. so, i'm solitary, trying to figure out what i believe but really enjoying the journey and all the learning! happy to be here! i'm on aim if anyone wants to talk to me "scrumpygirl13"...have a fabulous day/night!
    - e

- breathe.dance.love.laugh -

It's nice to meet both of you!!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    Quote Originally Posted by NightPoet00 View Post
    Hello, all! I thought I'd check in. I'm not new to MW, but I am new to Christian witchcraft. I love Jesus, but I've been waffling about the witchcraft part of life. "Magic" really helps me focus during prayer and petition, and I've just started using Tarot for personal insight and found it to be very helpful. So . . . I'm finally (and nervously) taking a stand and saying, "Hey! I'm a CW!"

I just started a blog to help document my daily Tarot draws and progress, which I'd love feedback on or friendly visitors! Check it out here: daily draw | a tarot journey (http://dailydrawtarot.wordpress.com/).

I look forward to chatting with you all more!
    Yay! Glad you're to a point where you can take a stand and say that!

Welcome to the CW section!
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

Thanks Cloaked Raven,

I appreciate the welcome and the link. I'll figure it out somewhere, the path will open and things will make sense where they didn't before and off I will go persuing knowledge. It's nice to meet everyone.

Greenwolf

Thanks for the welcome!

deep journey | living the spiritual life
    Now offering detailed $7.00 professional oracle and tarot readings via Deep Journey!

Nice to meet you all!! i look forward to talking with you

Thank you! And you as well!! Do you have facebook?

Anyone else?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast