Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: On a Christo Pagan Path? Drop By and Say Hello!!

Quote Originally Posted by LorriePaige View Post
    WOW! I've found my home!!

I'm so happy I found this area! I've been a Christian Wiccan Witch for two years, having a solitaire baptism on Litha 2008.
    Hi Lorrie, welcome to the Christian Witchcraft forum of MW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Everytime I think I'm done with this forum, something keeps drawing me back. I was Wiccan way back in the day (when I first joined, haha) but I wandered away from that. I've refound my home in the Episcopal church and love it there but I want to explore Christian mysticism and home ritual more. I want to bring the ritualistic aspect I feel in church and felt when I did rituals in Wicca back to my home life so hopefully this forum can help me with that.

I'd consider myself a Christian wannabe mystic if I had to define myself.

(High Cloaky! I'm so glad to see you're still here. )
    Bix!!! It is so great to see you in here!!! How have you been????

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    Hi am Reaper am looking into Christian witchcraft
    i want to learn more about Christian witchcraft .
    You're in the right place, Reaper!!! Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of information in here... Hang out, look around, read threads and if you have a question, ask.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

Checking in!

I'm very new and it was this board that made me want to join so badly. I was a witch, went back to the religion (a specific form of Christianity) of my youth and now can't fight the pull I have felt from day one to live the two. I don't feel complete when it is "either or". But I still don't know what it all means. I still don't know what it's "suppose" to look like.

So I'm a total wander. I am slowly coming back to the witchy side of things (re-reading my books, bought a new tarot deck, joined this forum, etc etc) and just trying to find my place. It's overwhelming and I find most times I just want to sit and cry. I am trying to tune out all of the nay sayers ad just be.

I have tons of thoughts on this that I want to share with you all but I don't want to hijack this thread and I have to go run an errand right now. I'll be back later to blabber on about my thoughts and views in a new thread.
    Maggie in the Mead {blog}

"I met a lady in the meads,
    Full beautiful - a faery’s child,
    Her hair was long, her foot was light,
    And her eyes were wild.
    "
    -John Keats (La Belle Dame sans Merci)

Welcome to MW and welcome to the Christian Witchcraft forum!! Nice to meet you!!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

I am new to MW and just saw this forum. My name is Dawn. I am on this path. I am part of a mixed faith family. My DH is Catholic with Jewish ancestry. I grew up in the Protestant Christian environment. I prefer to have a personal relationship with the God and Goddess and not attend services with others. Too distracting from the purpose.

I am looking forward to learning new things here and getting to know everyone.

I am not exactly on a Christo Pagan path, but both influence the way I feel and think, among other religions and philosophies. I don't have any rituals and I don't do spells, I just don't have the inclination.

I will probably be around quite a bit, mostly lurking and chiming in when I feel the urge.
    "...You are a child of the universe;
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be..."

'Desiderata' Max Ehrmann 1927

Quote Originally Posted by DawnK View Post
    I am new to MW and just saw this forum. My name is Dawn. I am on this path. I am part of a mixed faith family. My DH is Catholic with Jewish ancestry. I grew up in the Protestant Christian environment. I prefer to have a personal relationship with the God and Goddess and not attend services with others. Too distracting from the purpose.

I am looking forward to learning new things here and getting to know everyone.
    Welcome to MW and its Christian Witchcraft forum, Dawn!!! I don't attend church either, I find that the Christian beliefs in my area are too fanatical for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by EponaCapaill View Post
    I am not exactly on a Christo Pagan path, but both influence the way I feel and think, among other religions and philosophies. I don't have any rituals and I don't do spells, I just don't have the inclination.

I will probably be around quite a bit, mostly lurking and chiming in when I feel the urge.
    Chime in all you want to, Epona. Your wisdom and insight are always welcome in here as far as I'm concerned.

It's great to see you again!!

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

Thumbs up

Not a Christopagan per se but my practice of Wicca has been strongly and positively influenced by my study of Hermetic Qabalah and Esoteric Christianity. Once one sees the clear mythic underpinnings of various religions and realizes that the goal of the mystic's path is union with the Mystery or ultimate Ground of Being, one grows to appreciate all paths.

Whether you are a Wiccan, Magician, Christopagan or whatever do yourself a huge favor and practice Centering Prayer. An amazing meditative/contemplative practice inspired by the Christian Desert Fathers and brought to mainstream awareness by Fr. Thomas Keating.

)o( Blessed Be,

Sundragon
    Come visit my blog

Sorcery and Spirit

where I discuss Magick, Mystical Spirituality and whatever else comes to mind.

" Wherever you are is home
    And the earth is paradise
    Wherever you set your feet is holy land . . .
    You don't live off it like a parasite.
    You live in it, and it in you,
    Or you don't survive.
    And that is the only worship of God there is."

- Wilfred Pelletier and Ted Poole

Hi I'm Kalioppee, raised Catholic and it was actually a priest that got me to look into paganism during the time I was making my late "confirmation" I was 10. It also did not help to have Slavic Grandparents that did many things that were of the old times and ways, oh but they also mixed them with Christianity.
    I was introduced to Wicca in the late 70's and my HPS who taught me that it was not her business who my gods were, her business was my connection to them. I have always mixed the two, the Trinity and the Goddess. There have many times I tried to walk one path or the other but always needing both. I have also studied many different paths along my journey, and have added bits here and there, and I also teach Wicca.
    I will admit, that I had tried various times to come out, in the 80's, 90's and 00's and got slammed and flammed very bad, I don't try now, and I just call myself usually Wiccan or electric and leave it at that, my gods are the Lord and Lady and I always leave it as that.

Welcome, Kalioppee!!!

I generally don't share my path with anyone outside of here and another spiritual site I belong to. But if I'm asked, I'll either say "Open minded Christian" (for fundie Christians) or "Witch" if it's someone I know who is on a pagan path and hates Christians.

One's path is very personal I think.

Cloaky

1867 - 2017

My name is Emily

I was born and raised in christian beliefs, very strong with me but I have always tended to be drawn to pagan beliefs as well, it wasn't until I was with my ex who practice druidism that I finally felt like I was on the right path. I started reading books on avalon and early celtic information that I felt most at home. I am glad that I am not the only one.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast