Thread: i'm out and proud lol [of the broom closet i mean]

Smile i'm out and proud lol [of the broom closet i mean]

hello. i'm new here, and i was wondering do you have to use statues in your altars?. i have a flashlight [indtead of candels], and certain other things i can put together for one.but, i don't have any goddess statues.
    Last edited by starlite; May 10th, 2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: changed the whole post.

I wouldn't think you'd "HAVE" to use statues.

It's just me, but it's all about the energy. So, if you believe in a Goddess, and a stick or feather or .. whatever.. you find reminds you of Her. I think she would be honored for you to use something around you to represent her.

But that's the thing, isn't it? "I think". It's all up to what you think. If you think you have to have one, go get one, make one, find one. If you don't, then you don't!
    I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
    “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

I agree use what makes you think of the Goddess.
    I don't use statues they always end up breaking or getting knocked over so I don't buy them.
    I would like to get a God and Goddess statue but, I wont one that's indestructable...haven't found one yet.

You don't really have to have a Goddess statue, like the other two posters have said Use your imagination! You could use crystals that correspond with feminine energy.

There are a variety available on the web as well. You could take a look if you want.

http://www.goddessgift.net/index.html

http://www.abaxion.com/

I hope that helps!

Selah
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

You can have whatever you want, it's YOUR altar. As long as it has meaning or significance to you, then go for it. I've got various shit including skulls, a stuffed crow, an Elvis Presley figurine and a...ah... sex toy shaped like the Virgin Mary on mine. Celebrating fertility, y'know.