Thread: I think I've found my familiar

I think I've found my familiar

Tell me what you think. On the day my grandmother died (from breast cancer and fluid congestion) I came home while my Aunt Misa went to talk to all of her sisters about in in the front yard. I was taking a walk, trying to stop from crying, and I find this little baby kitten about two weeks old looking around for some food. I went to pick it up and right away it nuzzled into me. I couldn't find it's mother, or any other young, but I took it back to my house, and Misa said I could keep it. I named it Wish, but my sister thought it sounded too girly, so I decided to name it Kadaj, and I've had him for about 6 years now. I never thought of him as a familiar, but now the more I think about it, the more the cat seems to be my companion, my friend. He sleeps in my bed, and always wants me to play with him, and whenever I do anything magickal, he sits in front or next to me and stays with me. I feel a very special bond to him, and so I've shared my story with you. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. ^^

I've never had a familiar, so I really don't feel like I have any real thoughts on the subject. I can say that I've always felt really wistful, about stories of peoples' experiences with their familiars. I've had an affinity and love for animals my whole life...I've had relationships with all of my pets, but I've never really been able to think of them as friends. More like wonderful individuals, with lives, who I look after.
    Stories like yours, tell me how vastly magickal the world really is. ^_^
    His:

Mine:

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing View Post
    I've never had a familiar, so I really don't feel like I have any real thoughts on the subject. I can say that I've always felt really wistful, about stories of peoples' experiences with their familiars. I've had an affinity and love for animals my whole life...I've had relationships with all of my pets, but I've never really been able to think of them as friends. More like wonderful individuals, with lives, who I look after.
    Stories like yours, tell me how vastly magickal the world really is. ^_^
    ^^ Well, I am quite pleased to hear it! Thank you kindly.

I've always shared a strong love for animals, I used to have about 37-ish cats at my old house, and about 9-11 dogs. Whenever I see another person's pet I always ask to go up and pet it, and I will talk to it sometimes. I've had quite a few times where the owner will say the dog or cat isn't friendly, but they don't seem so around myself. It's a pleasing thought to know one can connect with animals, because I think they play a massive role in life, more than we give them credit for. I know I absolutely HATE it when someone will call their pet or even just a stray or wild animal stupid or dumb. I could go on and on about how I feel animals have strong rights because they were here first and are probably much more wiser than us. Definitely more wise than ignorant human beings. Ah well, listen to me yammering. XD But I do feel that the relationship one has with the animals around them should be a very strong thing, or at least be a sort of friendship or bond in a way, you know? Just the title of 'pet' sounds a bit degrading to me, but then again, everyone has their own opinions. ^^ But I do thank you, for sharing your words with me~

Quote Originally Posted by Strawbearry_PANDA View Post

I've always shared a strong love for animals, I used to have about 37-ish cats at my old house, and about 9-11 dogs. Whenever I see another person's pet I always ask to go up and pet it, and I will talk to it sometimes. I've had quite a few times where the owner will say the dog or cat isn't friendly, but they don't seem so around myself. It's a pleasing thought to know one can connect with animals, because I think they play a massive role in life, more than we give them credit for. I know I absolutely HATE it when someone will call their pet or even just a stray or wild animal stupid or dumb. I could go on and on about how I feel animals have strong rights because they were here first and are probably much more wiser than us. Definitely more wise than ignorant human beings. Ah well, listen to me yammering. XD But I do feel that the relationship one has with the animals around them should be a very strong thing, or at least be a sort of friendship or bond in a way, you know? Just the title of 'pet' sounds a bit degrading to me, but then again, everyone has their own opinions. ^^ But I do thank you, for sharing your words with me~
    I feel the same way! I can't tolerate any sort of animal abuse.
    It sounds like you grew up in an amazing house! I had a few dogs and two cats growing up, I loved them so much. Only one sheltie is left with us now, and she lives with my parents.
    I have somewhat of the same thing with anti-social cats (I mean REALLY anti-social). For some reason, they like me.

I don't know much about familiars, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to say. None the less, it sounds like you and Kadaj will have a great time! That bond, in my opinion, is very special and important.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; May 26th, 2010 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawbearry_PANDA View Post

Wow! You've lived with alot of critters!
    I very much agree. I mostly use the word "pet" because I don't have many other words to use to describe the loveable fuzzies in my life...in the instance of cats, I've always rathered to think of myself as the pet rather than the other way around. Kitties do tend to love to command and keep their humans, but they mean it in an "I love you" kind of way, haha.
    But each species has a different way of going about their relationships with you, not many of them will adopt a sortof human culture...or understanding...so one word generally has a hard time covering them all. ^_^' Sooo..I settle for "pet" -- and haha I ramble too, it's okay.
    I agree, for all the animals who we share our lives with...we SHOULD have some kind of relationship or a bond.
    His:

Mine: