Thread: Healing for infertility

Embarrassed Healing for infertility

I just found out the other day that my FSH is too high, and currently i am infertile. i know there are ways to regulate hormones and heal the ovaries through acupressure and nutrition. i am a body worker myself, but i haven't been in the business too long.. i was wondering what other holistic healing methods may be out there for me?
    "The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Kung Fu Panda <3

I'm sure you've done the google search on FSH levels and management. Little known fact, high FSH levels really only effect your fertility in the following cycles after the level goes down, and that effect is temporary.

Stress management, better diet, plenty of hydration, (also wheat grass apparently) and as you mentioned acupuncture may help to lower FSH levels. If it is a matter of age, there's not too much you can do. Rarely is it a matter of premature ovarian failure, those little buggers are made to keep pumping stuff out for the most part.

If you want to do it in steps, to see what is actually making the change, as opposed to a shot gun approach. I would say:

1. Change your diet, eliminate refined sugar of any kind (including corn syrup products) eat high fiber, high protein, high everything vitaminy minerally meals (should probably consult a nutritionist, your body goes wonky if you dive from high fat/sugar diet to no fat/sugar it can cause some issues with depression as well).

2. Incrementally increase the amount of exercise you are getting, start with walking mile a day or swimming for a half an hour and working your way up. 3000 steps equals about 2000 calories of burn off, depending on your caloric intake your take away calories should equal that which you are burning. This keeps the machine running smoothly and keeps you from storing lots of fun toxins in your fat. [Keep in mind that a sedentary existence ie driving to and from work, working in an office, driving home, walking into your house and sitting on the couch burns about 1800 calories. If you are more active, you can scale up, there are tons of resources online you can use to figure out your daily caloric burn, from there you can figure out what your intake should be. It's okay if your take-home calories are more than your daily burn, it isn't always converted to fat, your brain needs some to operate as well.] For example:

Week one: 3000 steps (about 30 min. of fast paced walking)
    Week two: 3000 steps plus three flights of stairs
    Week three: 3000 steps plus three flights of stairs plus 20 min of swimming.

Change it up as you go along, don't let yourself get bored, borrow your neighbors dog and go for a walk, play catch in the park with a friend ANYTHING to be active for at least an hour or two a day.

3. Get tested every third or fourth ovulation cycle, if you still don't see a change in your FSH levels, it may be time to try something a bit more extreme, like acupuncture. The first two steps will help with this anyway, eating right and exercising will help with stress management (you'll feel better because your body/ brain is healthier) and the acupuncture can help with all sorts of stuff that frankly I don't understand.

I wish you the best as you work your way through this. Fertility in general is a hard row to hoe if you are outside of standard. See I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I am waaaaaaaay to fertile. I basically look at a guy and I'm showing signs of pregnancy. I'll do some digging to see if I can find any actual factual scientific info, since the above is kind of off the top of my head. in the interim.
    Last edited by KC Destroyer of Worlds; July 7th, 2010 at 09:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
    Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing

Thank you for the information!

its actually rather interesting that i am 23 years old, a vegetarian(because my body cant digest saturated fats),i hardly eat anything processed, and i get body work done often. exercise might be my only downfall but i am fairly skinny and i go through detoxes all the time.
    so from my standpoint i am very shocked there there is still something i am doing that's unhealthy. I guess i just gotta look at everything in more detail. i am starting to have the fear its more about stress, exercise and energy flow.
    "The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Kung Fu Panda <3

I don't know much about fertility in general, but if you look in the Herbal section of the forum, I just posted a recipe for a fertility grenadine, and there's a few nutritional facts included too.

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=230745

I know it's not much, but the little things can be so important, and I hope it helps you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"All phenomena of which we are aware occurs in the mind, therefore the only thing we have to look at is the mind" -Aliester Crowley, on Yoga

"The mark of a moderate woman is freedom from her own ideas" -Lao Tzu

"I shall question him and examine him and test him" -Socrates

"You may win or lose, but to be yourself is all that you can do." -Chris Cornell

"Don't you f**king judge me" -Slipknot

"The fool who is conscious of his folly is thereby wise. The fool who thinks himself wise is the one to be called a fool." -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Siecila View Post
    Thank you for the information!

its actually rather interesting that i am 23 years old, a vegetarian(because my body cant digest saturated fats),i hardly eat anything processed, and i get body work done often. exercise might be my only downfall but i am fairly skinny and i go through detoxes all the time.
    so from my standpoint i am very shocked there there is still something i am doing that's unhealthy. I guess i just gotta look at everything in more detail. i am starting to have the fear its more about stress, exercise and energy flow.
    Even though you aren't intaking any saturated fats illiminating the other important fats, specifically fatty acids may be playing a part. Specifically Omega 3 fatty acids, which play a part in cell development and growth. I would again advise consulting a nutritionist about incorporating fatty acids into your diet even if through suppliment.

Another thing, it may just be that you are going through a shallow point in your fertility cycle. This is something that needs to be monitored over an extended period of time in order to detect any kind of trend. Keep a cool head, remember you're 23, plenty of time to figure out the kinks in the plumbing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At some point I said that life should be more like, robocop riding a unicorn that happens to be defecating rainbows...

Well life just got a little bit better.

"Take a picture of an electron in one instant and again the next, it will have seen Andromeda, do the same for me, and I will have taken the same trip."

I continue to battle my word processor in hopes of producing something useful...

Forum Guide in New Pagans
    Don't forget to Adopt your n00bie!

I have been by Bear Dancing