Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Divination

Crystal Divination

Has anyone here ever used crystals as divination tools? If so, how did you use them? Did it work well for you?

I use them for divination. I got the idea from the book, The Illustrated Guide to Crystals, by Judy Hall. (page 61).

I made my own board, as you can see in the picture below. I cast the crystals on the board, and based on where they land (past, future, obstacles, assets), I divine an answer through the meanings of the crystals.

I'd love to know what other people have done, or if many others use crystals in this manner.

FYI:

Divinatory Meanings
    - Working With Crystals -
    Agate – Worldly Success
    Amethyst – Life changes and shift in consciousness
    Black Agate – Courage and Prosperity
    Red Agate – Health and Longevity
    Aventurine – Growth and Expansion
    Blue Lace Agate – Healing Needed
    Citrine – Celestial Wisdom
    Diamond – Permanence
    Emerald – Fertility
    Hematite – New Opportunities
    Jade – Immortality and perfection
    Red Jasper – Earthly Affairs
    Lapis Lazuli – Divine Favor
    Quartz – Clarify issues
    Rose Quartz – Love and self – healing
    Ruby – Power and passion
    Sapphire – truth and chastity
    Snowflake Obsidian – end of a challenging time
    Tiger’s Eye – All is not as it seems
    Snow Quartz – profound changes
    Unakite – compromise and integration
    Last edited by Glanecia; August 8th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Yes - I use crystals for divination, using the crystals themselves and a deck that depicts them, and the chakra and element they most relate to.

Here's a quick run down of the associations I have with each:
    Shiva Lingam – Cocoon yourself. You need time to retreat and nurse the hidden jewel within you
    Chrysocolla – be gentle with yourself. Time to withdraw from what you no longer enjoy to allow yourself time for rest.
    Star Quartz – you feel that you are just one among many, making a small difference in your own way. Ecological issues are in your mind. You seek transformation and a better future.
    Moldavite – don’t worry if you sometimes feel alienate from the material world. You have unique gifts that can be developed if you follow your unique path.
    Boulder Opal- Cosmic ordering. You have the ability to get what you wish for if you clarify your vision and believe
    Black Tourmaline – deflect negative away. Beware of shielding yourself from everything.
    Obsidian – let old sorrow go, happier times are ahead. You have a great deal of power if you aren’t afraid to change status quo
    Garnet – avoid anyone who is critical or discouraging if your pursuits are attracting envy. Let the ‘lady in red’ within rise to the surface.
    Smoky Quartz – a promise of a better tomorrow, light at the end of what may seem a long tunnel
    Boji Stones– Indicates a time of the shadow self. Your path to transformation has the need to look to your shadow self. Meet, accept and understand aspects u don’t like about yourself
    Amber – a time for deciding what you want. Prosperity, your efforts may at last be rewarded
    Moonstone – trust your intuition not external appearances in decisions. Listen to your dreams. Beware of taking the path of least resistance/easy route.
    Fire Agate – believe in your inner fire , passion and ability and give it opportunity to be expressed
    Carnelian – good time for independent action, don’t undervalue yourself. What would make personal happiness and fulfilment, aim for personal goals. You can achieve anything.
    Rutile – represents your inner treasure of resources/ experience to help if starting over again or seeking change. Believe in self. Look for hidden benefits.
    Jade – respond gently and with compassion to those who are being difficult, see their personal unhappiness and inadequacy
    Peridot – good fortune, in-flow of money, love, luck and peace. Dealing with hiccups in life.
    Imperial Topaz – prosperity, wealthy lover, legal aptitude. Guard against gossip and spite.
    Citrine – joy in all aspects; time to communicate ideas & needs clearly, especially at work. Try new activities. Make time for creative talents, they may be lucrative.
    Apatite – you can draw strength from those around, but sometimes need to ask for help, especially if you are usually strong.
    Rose Qtz – you may become a peacemaker, but don’t let yourself be hurt. Blossoming love or friendship, or reconciliation in love
    Rhodochrosite – look at any experience as part of a wider patter to maximise opportunities and minimise problems. Few things are accident or can’t be redeemed
    Ruby – you stand out as an individual and will be rewarded for your efforts. Beware of danger and seeing red.
    Kunzite – flow with life and allow events to unfold and resolve themselves rather than confronting issues.
    Rubellite – By nature a caring person. Guard against unconditional love if it is damaging you. Show tough rather than unconditional love.
    Aventurine – excellent time to take a chance to gain by speaking out, trying a new money-making idea or following an inspiration.
    Malachite – follow your heart but do not be swayed by sentiment or pressurised by those who appeal to your emotions. A time for tough love.
    Emerald – increase in prosperity, preserving or healing in/fidelity, attract love
    Dioptase – gracefully let go of what can’t be mended and above all forgive yourself for being only human
    Green Tourmaline – paternal, nurturing. Either a male figure, or requiring you to have that capacity to nurture, and be cruel to be kind.
    Turquoise – you may be called upon to arbitrate, speak out or take the lead in bringing a matter to fruition.
    Aquamarine – a stone of travel, either possible travel or an opportunity to widen your mental and spiritual horizons.
    Sapphire – a stone of new love, commitment and fidelity. Purity of thought and purpose.
    Celestite – don’t fill your mind with worries about what might happen as this may prevent you from enjoying/gaining full benefit from present situation.
    Blue Topaz – clear communication of point of view/inner truth. Rational, artistic talent. React calmly. Clairaudience.
    Sodalite – be slow to speak and measure your words wisely in any situation where your opinion is asked or making a decision
    Azurite – listen to your dreams for guidance, trust inner wisdom. If not already, soon will, feel ready to help others with psychic and healing powers.
    Amethyst – feeling stressed, exhausted, or experienced difficulties recently and need to give gentle love to yourself until energy flows again.
    Lapis Lazuli – stick to your principles and rise above any pettiness and attempted double-dealing. Have confidence.
    Sugilite – your healing powers are developing, other people are seeking your help and you intuitively know what is wrong with them.
    Clear Quartz – be optimistic, especially about a new beginning.
    Iolite – a new acquaintance or family addition may have hidden depths, so try a new approach if you are finding them difficult to warm to.
    Diamond – clear anxiety, negativity. Integration of mind, body & spirit. Ability to achieve in a life time what will be remembered forever.
    Selenite – nothing can be changed about the past, but it forms the basis from which we create our future if we take the beauty & worth and let the rest fall away.
    Herkimer Diamond – effective mental function, see wider picture of own life. Spiritual connection with others.

I like how the descriptions for a lot of our crystals have the same general message. I'm guessing that the method I follow might have been based on the chakras as well.

Thank you for sharing your methods!

I have crystal runes that I do readings with. They come in different shapes, colours and types. I have some icy looking ones among them. They're better than the runic cards that I had before.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

I have used crystals as a form of divination, but not in that respect. I usually use them like a mirror. focusing my energy into to it and visualing an answer. I'll use flat amythest usualyl, but sometimes obsidian. although Fire is my usual "scrying tool"
    "With the eyes and ears of the spirit do you see and hear the sights and sounds of the kingdom of the Earthly Mother: the blue sky where dwells the angel of Air, the foaming river where flows the angel of Water, the golden light which streams from the angel of Sun. And I tell you truly, all these are within you as well as without; for your breath, your blood, the fire of life within you, all are one with the Earthly Mother."

I also have some crystal runes that i use, as for divination using crystals, i do that too, i scry in a crystal ball, usually tourmaline or obsidian, and not sure if this one is considered divination, but i use them to make elixirs.

I have used crystals, stones, wood and bones in the same way I use runes.
    Cast and interpreted based on what they mean to me and their proximity to each other or a base point.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanecia View Post
    Has anyone here ever used crystals as divination tools? If so, how did you use them? Did it work well for you?

I use them for divination. I got the idea from the book, The Illustrated Guide to Crystals, by Judy Hall. (page 61).

I made my own board, as you can see in the picture below. I cast the crystals on the board, and based on where they land (past, future, obstacles, assets), I divine an answer through the meanings of the crystals.

I'd love to know what other people have done, or if many others use crystals in this manner.

FYI:

Divinatory Meanings
    - Working With Crystals -
    Agate – Worldly Success
    Amethyst – Life changes and shift in consciousness
    Black Agate – Courage and Prosperity
    Red Agate – Health and Longevity
    Aventurine – Growth and Expansion
    Blue Lace Agate – Healing Needed
    Citrine – Celestial Wisdom
    Diamond – Permanence
    Emerald – Fertility
    Hematite – New Opportunities
    Jade – Immortality and perfection
    Red Jasper – Earthly Affairs
    Lapis Lazuli – Divine Favor
    Quartz – Clarify issues
    Rose Quartz – Love and self – healing
    Ruby – Power and passion
    Sapphire – truth and chastity
    Snowflake Obsidian – end of a challenging time
    Tiger’s Eye – All is not as it seems
    Snow Quartz – profound changes
    Unakite – compromise and integration
    Where on your board do you determine past, present, future, obstacles and assets? I am completely enthralled with doing this.... I think I even have the perfect board to do it with as long as I didn't give it away I would love to start making this today actually

Haha!!!!! I just checked and I still have the board :D Now I gotta make it perty and figure out how to do it exactly.

I have used crystals in the form of scrying and not with crystal balls but just regular unpolished pieces. I found it was useful for what I needed it for at the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast