Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We Bought a House!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWomanMonster View Post
    Oh yay!
    Everything will be fine.
    Remember that reading I did?
    Just re-read it! I sent you a message about it. If you want you can post a copy.... I think it you did good!

Ag, land!!!
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yay, congratulations!!
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Congratulations! Wishing you years of happiness and blessings in your new home!

---------------------------------
    Rye Wolf Farm
    Our homestead blog--come visit!

Grrrrr checked the tax records and it said the property is 1.48 acres not 1.75!!!!
    I called the relater and he had it re servayed.... 1.50! We lost 1/4 of an acre! Not happy about it but at least we still have an acre of Ag1 land, so I can still have any critter I want as long as it will fit on the acre. (Some of you will know what I mean... some won't)

(\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    Green Room Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Tomorrow we get the KEYS!!! ( that would be Thur.) Walked through it this morning and the previous owners were there and showed us some stuff we should know. I asked about the gardens and there is more there than what I thought! They had allot of perennials and I found out there are 2 apple trees! We also have grapes, asparagus, raspberries, black raspberries, black berries, rhubarb, strawberries and foxglove. All kinds of flowers and some herbs, all well established! The greenhouse is kind of small but should be all I need. It shares the building with what I want to use as a chicken coop. The coop area should be big enough for 20- 30 chickens! It even has a small door near the floor.

I'll post pic.s soon
    It "feels good" I think I will like it there!

(\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    Green Room Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Well, we're in!

The cats are doing fine. I was very afraid Natas would want to go "home" to the old house since it was the only place she ever knew. So far she hasn't even ask to go out! She seems content to do her hunting in the crawl space.

Lots of leftover tomatoes and other stuff in the garden. This spring I will be giving away asparagus roots! The 8x10' (about) patch is way over grown!

So far...soooo nice! But man am I pooped! And a bit frustrated with trying to put thing away. Things don't fit where I want them to. Grrrrrr

Also have issues with TV, internet and phone servies... seems we are in a bit of a "dead zone". Right now I'm on Cricket wireless for internet. Slow but works. Better than dile-up.

Hubby wants me to start drawing up plans for the remodel of the greenhouse/chicken coop. We want it done soon so it's ready for spring chicks. Thank the Gods the neighbor right next door is cool w/chickens or any other critter I would want to get. He has a farm that one of his kids is living on now so some of his animals come to his place now and then. He thinks he'll bring his miniature horses over for the winter. Cool. We have horses behind us too and one of them has a new foal!

Yup, so far so good! Pooped, but good!

(\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    Green Room Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm late to this thread, but congratulations! And it sounds wonderful! Settling in takes a bit of time, and yeah, it is tiring, but you'll get there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued,
    is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Thanks!

(\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    Green Room Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Week 2..... most of the kitchen is put away.... lots and lots to do... the sea of boxes in the workshop seems to grow instead of shrink!!! Since may youngest SON and his friends did most of the packing and moving.... I spend allot of time looking for things in the vast, endless pile of unrelated boxes! At least the turtle is out of the tub he spent the last month in! He has a new tank and minnows to hunt and play with. And he has his light back! and a window!

I love this place! Just HATE moving and putting things away!

(\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    Green Room Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Well, the sea of boxes is shrinking, not as much as I hoped, but getting there. Hard to believe we crammed that much stuff into that old place!
    So many projects to do! I start one thing and find something else that should be done first. grrrrr At least the chicken coop is almost done!

(\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    Green Room Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast