Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do you HAVE to buy?

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person

What do you HAVE to buy?

When you hit the grocery store, what things do you always HAVE to buy while you're there?

I find that I always end up at the mushrooms. I have to buy some every time I shop. It's bordering on a compulsion...should I be concerned?? Hahaha

I also almost always buy some sort of cheese.
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

Nutella. I seriously got 2 of the large jars at Costco and it was gone in a week.

I love mushrooms - I could eat them all the time, especially shiitakes, oysters and the way over priced chanterelles (which I only buy for special occasions).

I go to the supermarket once a week and I always buy bananas; I eat one almost every day.

There are items I buy every week that are necessities, milk, eggs, yogurt - but treat or luxury type items change frequently, depending on my mood, cravings or the sales.
    Last edited by WitchJezebel; September 22nd, 2010 at 09:54 AM.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ariste View Post
    Nutella. I seriously got 2 of the large jars at Costco and it was gone in a week.
    I love Nutella, but I refuse to buy those big jars at Costco because I'd eat it all.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Much as I hate to say it.... soda.
    I too hit the mushrooms most every time.
    We are all just visitors to this earth!

Another fine banner by Catiana
    (\_/) (\_/)
    (O.o) ( _ )
    (> <) ( o ) hopping away!
    Green Room Forum Guide
    The MW Kitchen Forum Guide
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

On a weekly basis:

Oranges
    Red Grape
    Shelled Peanuts
    Chili Beans, and other varieties of beans
    Pepperoni
    Franks Red Hot

Pretty much it.

Romaine or other salad green is probably something I buy every week without fail. Otherwise, I live by sales. So what I buy weekly is heavily based off of what's on sale.

I do find myself buying cheese nearly every week- family goes through it a LOT.

-Devo
    dA | FB | LJ

OH! I thought of something I buy every week without fail:

BEER

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    I love Nutella, but I refuse to buy those big jars at Costco because I'd eat it all.
    I love it too, but I rarely get more than a serving. The kids will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I let them.

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    I love mushrooms - I could eat them all the time, especially shiitakes, oysters and the way over priced chanterelles (which I only buy for special occasions).

I go to the supermarket once a week and I always buy bananas; I eat one almost every day.

There are items I buy every week that are necessities, milk, eggs, yogurt - but treat or luxury type items change frequently, depending on my mood, cravings or the sales.
    I always get bananas too.

ME TOO. I try to leave the Nutella at the store...buying that never ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindlady2 View Post
    Much as I hate to say it.... soda.
    I too hit the mushrooms most every time.
    I was actually there they other day and they had not one mushroom in the entire store! I was so annoyed that I went and found a produce person just so I could complain about it. He made me feel validated. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Romaine or other salad green is probably something I buy every week without fail. Otherwise, I live by sales. So what I buy weekly is heavily based off of what's on sale.

I do find myself buying cheese nearly every week- family goes through it a LOT.

-Devo
    I pretty much shop exclusively for sale things too, but I NEED MY MUSHROOMS!
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast