Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do you HAVE to buy?

is offline having an 'out of money' experience.
    bananas, my father in law and i are the only ones that eat them but somehow someway we run out by the end of the week when we buy two large bunches. its amazing! We getting mushrooms for Yoli and one baked junk item-brownies,cake or cookies.
    Well Shit. I didn't do it!

Not the easiest question for me to answer, since I usually go to at least one grocery store every couple of days at least. Ignoring stuff I often buy large quantities of at once (rice, flour, canned tomatoes) and thinking about it as a week of shopping, I'd say the things I get "every time" are garlic (we go through a typical head in 4-5 days, sometimes 3), peanut butter, and either broccoli or winter squash depending on the season.

Soy milk
    dairy milk
    yogurt
    diet coke
    I constantly buy garlic. I have no idea why.

If I have to stop at the market I can assure you those items are in my cart even thought I ran in for something else.
    Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Skim Milk
    Coffee Creamer
    Oatmeal
    Arizona Green Tea (the gallon bottles)
    Juice
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Now that the weather has turned cool I have to buy a winter squash every week. Tonight I'll buy a butternut to add to a pot of soup tomorrow.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Decaffeinated diet soda of some kind... Peaches, strawberries, red delicious apples, or whatever other produce catches my eye while I'm in the store.

ETA: I've really gone nuts eating strawberries lately... Both the local and the imported ones... There must be something in them that I'm really craving now and I go through a 1 lb. container each day if I'm not careful!!
    Last edited by Cloaked Raven; October 15th, 2010 at 10:39 AM.
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Caffine free diet soda (coke where I'm from), devils food cake cookies, those football sausage snack things, tv dinners...that's off the top of my head right now. There's a ton more, but to go into further detail would show how unheatlhy I am.

For myself, I get my soda, avacado, cottage cheese and yoghurt.

For the kids, 5 boxes of cereal, 4 bottles of ranch dressing, 3 large bags of pizza rolls, 5 gallons of milk, 2 large jars of peanut butter, one jumba jar of jelly, 3 pounds of cheese and 5 or 6 packages of tortillas.

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." Benjamin Franklin

Coffee creamer is my must have lmao I stock up on coffee at the beginning of the month and then get creamer as I go. Oh and Fritos, because they are gluten free I put them in Torias lunch.
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Rosette View Post
    Coffee creamer is my must have lmao I stock up on coffee at the beginning of the month and then get creamer as I go. Oh and Fritos, because they are gluten free I put them in Torias lunch.
    I had no idea Fritos were gluten free - I don't have gluten issues, but that's interesting to know.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast