Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do you call your book of spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    I've got no problem with the word Grimoire. As a Traditional Witch I don't believe in calling my book of spells a BOS, or Book of Shadows, I like using the ancient word.
    Honestly the reason I don't generally use either word is because both have always struck me as kind of fluffy. So for simplicity's sake I just write BoS. I would call it a diary but that just doesn't seem to click either..and journals are for school.

Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    Thanks for your input.
    Welcome.

herbal_legends Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin.ann View Post
    Honestly the reason I don't generally use either word is because both have always struck me as kind of fluffy. So for simplicity's sake I just write BoS. I would call it a diary but that just doesn't seem to click either..and journals are for school.
    Come to think of it, I don't even like to physically say Grimoire (as opposed to saying it in my head) but it's better than saying Book of Shadows because I agree it's just fluffy to me....

More specifically if someone asks...the response is "That's my sht don't touch it"

Quote Originally Posted by herbal_legends View Post
    Come to think of it, I don't even like to physically say Grimoire (as opposed to saying it in my head) but it's better than saying Book of Shadows because I agree it's just fluffy to me....

More specifically if someone asks...the response is "That's my sht don't touch it"
    Lol. I'm with you there.

Oh if someone asks me I just tell them what it is.

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    I call mine Frank
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Eh, I don't consider any words to be "fluffier" than others. Actions or mindsets, perhaps, but not words. I don't think I've met anyone who considers one word or term fluffier than another. That's interesting to me.
    Ivy Artemisia
    Twilight Spiral Coven [Site | Facebook]
    Hearth and Hedgerow [Site | Etsy Shop]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy Artemisia View Post
    Eh, I don't consider any words to be "fluffier" than others. Actions or mindsets, perhaps, but not words. I don't think I've met anyone who considers one word or term fluffier than another. That's interesting to me.
    I'm weird like that. To me the name Dylan is WAY fluffier than Alfgar for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin.ann View Post
    I'm weird like that. To me the name Dylan is WAY fluffier than Alfgar for example.
    Funny, because I would say the exact opposite

I rotate what I call mine. It serves as a marker for my growth, and has different versions of the same spells, but to keep things simple I refer to it as my journal. Those who know me and my beliefs know it as my Book of Shadows or my grimoire... it doesn't really matter.

I think that what it's called doesn't necessarily hold that much meaning. Some words just seem to fit better to some people, but at the end of the day it's a piece of our magickal lives and just as unique as we are.
    ~All attempts to understand me will end in angry ninja~

"If life gives you lemons, then keep them. Because hey, free lemons."

Im a little OCD about my books. I have a Book of Herbs, a Book of Spells, and a Book of Shadows. I digitally scrap things so when I have collected enough enfo for a page about a specific herb I scrap it and put it in my BoH, before doing a spell I scrap it and put it in my BoS, and my Book of Shadows is just misc things I have collected over the years that dont fit in the other two books or arent ready to be scrapped yet.
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast