Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Where are some of the places that you buy your supplies?

Where are some of the places that you buy your supplies?

Another fun topic time!

I would love to know where you buy your supplies. Do you make them yourself, buy them on-line, find them in odd places, go thrifty with where you buy them at, or have them around your house. Love to hear from kitchen witches too as they have some great ideas. So drop me a line and tell me where do you get your supplies.

is offline Forest-dwelling witchy person
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    Another fun topic time!

I would love to know where you buy your supplies. Do you make them yourself, buy them on-line, find them in odd places, go thrifty with where you buy them at, or have them around your house. Love to hear from kitchen witches too as they have some great ideas. So drop me a line and tell me where do you get your supplies.

I make a lot of my supplies, and buy the rest from a mixture of eBay/thrift stores/dollar stores. A lot of mine are things that are found in nature, so it's really only things like candles, holders, etc. that I have to buy.
    I'm a Christian Witch, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proudly German-Canadian.

I find it overly pretentious when people call themselves "Lady _________." My username would just have been "Dryad," had that not been taken and were I not unoriginal in picking names for things.
    By no means do I consider myself "Lady" anything.

I'm with LadyDryad on this one - just wanting to add the only thing i've ever bought for an Esoteric store is crystals - everything else is ridiculously over-priced, usually badly made (they cite the handmade excuse) and often ugly. The only time i buy from people who are actually selling for the craft is when i visit the pagan fair we have here each year.

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
    The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

herbal_legends Guest
    If I don't feel like driving 30 minutes to my nearest Witch store...I order from Etsy.com or just make my own (depending on what it is). Most things that I need I can buy at Michaels or Walmart though lol.

Here's my short list:

Amazon.com - All things literary
    Azure Green - Supplies - I used to love their catalogues when I was a kid; back then they were called Abyss Distributors they had the coolest occult catalog on the planet...admittedly, I was a very strange child.:
    Isis Books and Gifts - Supplies
    Lucky Mojo - Supplies
    Ebay - Supplies

)o( Blessed Be,

Sundragon
    Come visit my blog

Sorcery and Spirit

where I discuss Magick, Mystical Spirituality and whatever else comes to mind.

" Wherever you are is home
    And the earth is paradise
    Wherever you set your feet is holy land . . .
    You don't live off it like a parasite.
    You live in it, and it in you,
    Or you don't survive.
    And that is the only worship of God there is."

- Wilfred Pelletier and Ted Poole

Quote Originally Posted by herbal_legends View Post
    If I don't feel like driving 30 minutes to my nearest Witch store...I order from Etsy.com or just make my own (depending on what it is). Most things that I need I can buy at Michaels or Walmart though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDryad View Post
    I make a lot of my supplies, and buy the rest from a mixture of eBay/thrift stores/dollar stores. A lot of mine are things that are found in nature, so it's really only things like candles, holders, etc. that I have to buy.
    If I was in any way crafty I would make what I need. That would be great. However, outside of a little woodburning, I have no craft related skills. I'm sure I could pull off something handmade, but I'm a sucker for a nice professional look to my tools/supplies...therefore I buy them and consecrate as needed.

)o( Blessed Be,

Sundragon
    Last edited by Sundragon; October 2nd, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Come visit my blog

Sorcery and Spirit

where I discuss Magick, Mystical Spirituality and whatever else comes to mind.

" Wherever you are is home
    And the earth is paradise
    Wherever you set your feet is holy land . . .
    You don't live off it like a parasite.
    You live in it, and it in you,
    Or you don't survive.
    And that is the only worship of God there is."

- Wilfred Pelletier and Ted Poole

I go to my local metaphysical store which is not very far but I miss the Botanica in NYC when I lived there. They had a much bigger selection and less expensive. I keep thinking about buying online and though I've bought many things online I'm wary of buying my supplies online so haven't gotten the courage to yet.
    For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'

John Greenleaf Whittier

Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.

Malcolm X

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

W. M. Lewis

Under the Moon Dancing along the Hedgerow
    I make most of the things I use but... the local Feed and Seed store has some awesome finds.. cast iron pans, dutch ovens, cauldrons, knives..etc. I am also very lucky to live in an Artisan area, many potters and glass blowers.. I have a dear friend who is a midwife and herbalist so she is always obliging and shares in a pinch.... This area of western NC is known for gem mines, and we have a yearly gem show and several shops. So there is never a shortage of places to obtain crystals. For books, it is Amazon ...
    Last edited by Lilac Moon; October 2nd, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stones I get from eBay.
    Books I get from Goodwill or other thrift shops, usually, with some from our local independent bookstore.
    Tarot decks I get from everywhere.
    Herbs I get from the supermarket or 13 moons.
    Tools I get from 13 moons.
    I get some stuff from Lucky Mojo.
    I've gotten stuff from Somaluna, MagickalCat, Azuregreen... a lot of places like that.
    Candles and incense I usually get from the Dollar Tree unless it needs to be ritually pure by Kemetic standards. I've been making more of this stuff myself.
    Tools I get from a variety of places... my blade I got from 13 moons, wands I make, cauldron I found oddly enough at a Christian thrift store, same with my chalices.

For books i either buy off ebay or amazon and that's only if I can't find a download.

I buy candles and some other hard to find supplies most from thepumpkinandthecauldron.com. The owner is great and has things to fit about everyone's price range. If she doesn't have anything or I just want something like incense, I go to a local store, though that's all I buy there.

Herbs and such come from the grocery store if it's something I can't find anywhere else.

Everything else comes from thrift stores, dollar stores, yard sales, and pagan get togethers, as I refuse to pay more than a few dollars for anything.
    Last edited by kagekarasu; October 2nd, 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast