Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Where are some of the places that you buy your supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Oh my god, Moonstruck. Every time I go in that place, the old man follows me around with his breath down my neck, trying to sell me crap. I can ignore him for a time, but it gets really nerve-wracking!
    Oh gods, yes. The other guy, the long-haired pudgy hippie dude, is okay. But the old guy was kinda annoying.

Also, hi, fellow Louisvillian. :D
    Merrily met. ^^

My roommate Slime and I shop around JoAnn Fabrics (for altar cloths
    That sounds like a good idea.

Patel Bros Int'l Market on Hurstbourne Ln for incense and incense burners
    I'll keep an eye out for that place, then.

Also, Shalimar
    Oh, now you're talking my language.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillian View Post
    Oh gods, yes. The other guy, the long-haired pudgy hippie dude, is okay. But the old guy was kinda annoying.

Merrily met. ^^

That sounds like a good idea.

I'll keep an eye out for that place, then.

Oh, now you're talking my language.
    HEE. Shalimar is so awesome. The Patel Bros market is right next door, too, in the same shopping area. We usually hit the JoAnn's on Shelbyville Road because they have the best selection of perler beads. XD

And RIGHT. That weird old dude will breathe right down your neck!
    I love their Pan statues though. I want to get one every time I go in. But I've started to avoid them because I don't like breath down my neck. Are there any other meta shops in Louisville, or surrounding, that you know of?
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

There used to be a place in Lyndon, Widdershins or something? They changed their name, but I think they closed down like a year ago.
    Outside of that, I don't know of any specifically metaphysical and occult shops. But I haven't looked that hard in the first place.
    Of interest, though, is Amazing Green Planet (or as I call it, "That Hippie Store"), in Westport Village. They have a more environmental and new-agey focus, which might be useful for non-new-ager Pagans who are looking for things like stones and crystals for rituals. And just about any Half Price Books is awesome if you're looking for books on Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism, and all sorts of topics related to it. And, well, for everything else too.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillian View Post
    There used to be a place in Lyndon, Widdershins or something? They changed their name, but I think they closed down like a year ago.
    Outside of that, I don't know of any specifically metaphysical and occult shops. But I haven't looked that hard in the first place.
    Of interest, though, is Amazing Green Planet (or as I call it, "That Hippie Store"), in Westport Village. They have a more environmental and new-agey focus, which might be useful for non-new-ager Pagans who are looking for things like stones and crystals for rituals. And just about any Half Price Books is awesome if you're looking for books on Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism, and all sorts of topics related to it. And, well, for everything else too.
    Thanks, we'll check into it! And hee--my last job was at Half Price Books. If you dropped by the Hurstbourne store in the past two years and saw or was helped by a blue-haired chick with bright blue glasses, that've been me. I haven't worked there since July, though. And no more blue hair or blue glasses either. Color shift! Brown get!
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5