Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Where are some of the places that you buy your supplies?

is offline Don't call down the Thunder
    I've gotten supplies from garage sales, thrift stores, ebay, etc. As well as made them. I've also gotten stuff from Azure Green in the past and local stores.

BUT -- since I sell most of it now, I won't pay retail. I'll order from one of my wholesalers, if I can't make it.

Elise
    *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
    The Mysteries aren't secret.
    They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
    There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

Okay it's my turn to say where I buy my things.

Azure Green for my ritual supplies.

Penn Herb Company for my herbs.

Since it's fall I don't really have the need to go outside and try and find anything. So until it gets warm again then I'll just buy my things.

Note: Got my 2011 Witches Datebook, which I'm happy about.

Here in the UK I deal with Starchild in Glastonbury for herbs, incense and other such stuff, meet them once a year otherwise deal by post. Occasionally they suggest I go elsewhere for stuff, which is why I trust them.

Unless I'm in a real hurry or totally broke, in which case I use Amazon, I use Atlantis (Museum Street, London) for books. A bit more expensive (not much, though) but if people who can afford will use places like this, there'll still be a browsing bookshop with expert advice when we need it, and occasionally personal service will save you buying a klutz. Again, they do mail order.

Most of the rest, I'm lucky enough to be able to make. Candle supplies other than oils (Starchild) come from our local Haskins chain store. Jewellery wire perversely comes from Maplin, the electronic store, who actually do everything up to gold; beads and fabrics from Atelier, our local small business crafts place, paint, including fabric paint, from The Range, a discounter. Plus I get stuff from charity shops (thrift stores), skips (I think dumpsters) and I did a decent line in unbreakable chalices last year by pocketing the acrylic wine glasses (otherwise just thrown away) the local theatre uses, and reworking them.

blessings
    ffetcher

Not many occult shops around here. Got a few but gotta drive.

Depending on what I need...anywheres and everywheres. I found stuff at the dollar store, walmart, grocery store, outside, handmade, goodwill...tractor supply, local co-op. If I by chance want something really specific or just find something I cant find out here, I do online.

I do not discriminate :D

More often than not- I like to frequent at least 3 of my favorite stores out here where I live in regards to things like incense- herbs and or talismans of various sorts. At one point during a vacation to my home state- I had gone to a once favorite place to find an assortment of things.

For a few personal objects like wands or staves or other things- I've made it a point to re-engage in one of my favorite hobbies. I made my own staff and wand with wood items from my own back yard.

My staff was made from a fallen oak branch and my wand was made from one of the branches that our spruce tree dropped. I have 6 trees in all around my yard so it is rather easy to make things with out having to buy lumber or already cut and sanded branches.

However- waiting for nature to do her thing more commonly than not- is a completely different story all be its I can't really complain. With some of the intense storms that we've been known to have in our own little neck of the woods during the warmer seasons- the wood bounty has been fairly plentiful this year. I'm just waiting now to see what Winter will bring our direction.

Missy.
    "Our greatest conqeusts in life are those of waking from sleep every morning- living through out the day and doing both every day through out every season and year that come along as well as slowly pass with every hour."

alot of stuff i get are from places like wal-mart or the dollar stores. i love looking for stuff at garage sales too and michaels and various other places. i got two gorgeous offering plates for 25 cents a piece at a yard sale and i found this awesome black tea cup with apollo driving a chariot on it at this little stall at a fair i went too for like 3 bucks. must take pictures and post
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Quote Originally Posted by aluokaloo View Post
    alot of stuff i get are from places like wal-mart or the dollar stores. i love looking for stuff at garage sales too and michaels and various other places. i got two gorgeous offering plates for 25 cents a piece at a yard sale and i found this awesome black tea cup with apollo driving a chariot on it at this little stall at a fair i went too for like 3 bucks. must take pictures and post
    Antique stores have all kinds of fun things for rather cheap and I would be venturing out on a limb here- but so would flea markets and farmer's markets.

Missy.
    "Our greatest conqeusts in life are those of waking from sleep every morning- living through out the day and doing both every day through out every season and year that come along as well as slowly pass with every hour."

crystals and stones- usually offline and in stores.occasionally from eBay. although with eBay there are some frauds you have to watch for .

books i get from a few metaphysical stores, but mostly from either Barnes & Noble or from Amazon.com. actually amazon.com i almost exclusively buy books from. mostly new but some used.

herbs-everywhere. some places are flower power in NYC. pagan and Ren faires.online stores such as Capricorn's lair and 13Moons. Panpipes magickal Marketplace

tools- everywhere. although rarely offline now. if any it would be at pagan and/or ren faires. occassionally i might make a wooden rune set. Might make some ogham sticks.
    online places that are good are 13Moons,Capricron's lair,Azure Green,ninth gate,Abraxion, panpipes magickal marketplace. and to a lesser extent amazon.com forcandles sometimes.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

azure green
    etsy
    ebay
    local bookshops.

Thanks for the great ideas guys.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast