Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Where are some of the places that you buy your supplies?

There is a GREAT little pagan store near by my apartment called Forever and A Day... The owner's husband was involved in the Wiccan movement in the 60's in Georgia [there's still a lot of controversy here over the store and paganism as a whole]. I buy all my herbs from here, essential oils, crystals, jewelry, etc. I think you can online too... Plus they hold classes for all kinds of interesting stuff like reiki for beginners and incense making.

http://www.foreverandaday.biz/

I love to go here even when I'm just having a bad day because the people are so genuine and compassionate.
    i am not a pretty girl. that's not what i do. i ain't no damsel in distress and i don't need to be rescued. so put me down, punk. perhaps you'd prefer a maiden fair... isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere? --ani difranco
    The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice Kingsley: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are..."

The Forsaken Cornfields of Southeastern Michigan
    There's a really cool little store in Dundee, MI, called Mother Nature's Stone Castle. While I admit they don't have EVERYTHING, they do have a fantastic selection of crystals and stones. I love it!

There's also a more "new-agey" store in Lambertville, MI, called Light the Way. Less selection than Mother Nature's Stone Castle for sure though. But it's so close to home for me, I buy my candles there.
    "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
    The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
    Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
    Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
    Ask for the ancient paths
    Ask where the good way is
    And walk in it."
    Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
    Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

I buy all my books from amazon or independent bookstores. When I'm at home, I like to visit Oxford, where there's a great book shop that focuses on religion and theology - a lot of it is really good quality second hand, which I prefer (and right next door is an organic cafe, which is beautiful). I try not to buy from chain stores if I can avoid it.

For candles and incense and things, I always just stumble across places - usually homeware stores. I never need candles ... I think I just buy them out of habit!

There's also a really good shop here in my uni town, which focuses on gems and jewellry, but they sell some lovely rough crystal points that I'm assured aren't blown out of the ground with explosives. I don't buy much from there because it's very expensive but I like a good look around.

Unfortunately, there aren't any pagan-orientated shops near me. I have to go out of my way to get to any so I shop online - my chalice, altar cloth, things like that come from pagandreams.co.uk.

Everything else I try to grow or make myself, but of course sometimes I have to resort to buying alternatives. My journal is from paperchase because my book-making skills are right up there with my maths skills. :o

I haven't ordered supplies of late, need to buy another 50 hour candle, but I did restock on my incense from a tiny store called Orchard Verity in Indian Orchard Mass.

Books and stuff I get from eBay or Amazon.
    Herbs I often get from eBay or www.herbmoonhollow.com - they have a great range.
    For my journals, Pagan and otherwise I use www.earthworksjournals.co.uk - truly beautiful and expertly made.
    Anything else comes from metaphysical stores I come across, or sometimes online retailers.
    Creu Gwir fel gwydr o ffwrnais awen...

"Belief is a beautiful armour/But makes for the heaviest sword..." - John Mayer

My site: http://www.kimblewitchery.co.uk

I don't have any one specific place.
    eBay
    Thewiccanway.com
    Amazon.com
    Azure Green

Local shops
    Planet Earth Rising

But I also like metaphysical shop hopping and go out of town to do so every once in a while. I'm always looking for more places. But I still continue to make my own supplies and tools.
    Last edited by Faelyn; June 21st, 2011 at 12:32 PM.

I order a lot of things from thepumpkinandthecauldron.com . It's one of the few places that offers supplies for all paths. Not many places offer many of the things I need, but luckily the owner is more than willing to help find what I need and at a great price.

Me and my girlfriend practise together and we have got most of our stuff from nearby craft stores. Michael's, mainly, since it's decently cheap and close to my place--where our altar is located since her family are extra Christian. It's where we've got our candles, burn plates, censer for incense, incense oils, and some other stuff. Our Athame and Boline we got from handmade knife vendors at a Celtic culture festival.
    There is a local Pagan store, Moonstruck, on Bardstown Road in the Highlands. We've got our pentacle sigil and a little cauldron from there. They've got some cool stuff...expensive stuff, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillian View Post
    Me and my girlfriend practise together and we have got most of our stuff from nearby craft stores. Michael's, mainly, since it's decently cheap and close to my place--where our altar is located since her family are extra Christian. It's where we've got our candles, burn plates, censer for incense, incense oils, and some other stuff. Our Athame and Boline we got from handmade knife vendors at a Celtic culture festival.
    There is a local Pagan store, Moonstruck, on Bardstown Road in the Highlands. We've got our pentacle sigil and a little cauldron from there. They've got some cool stuff...expensive stuff, though.
    Oh my god, Moonstruck. Every time I go in that place, the old man follows me around with his breath down my neck, trying to sell me crap. I can ignore him for a time, but it gets really nerve-wracking! Also, hi, fellow Louisvillian. :D

My roommate Slime and I shop around JoAnn Fabrics (for altar cloths--I love to sew and create my own, and put runes and junk on it); Patel Bros Int'l Market on Hurstbourne Ln for incense and incense burners (enough incense for a year for less than 10 bucks? I'm there! Also, Shalimar); we've gotten polished gemstones from the Salado Wildlife Center back when it had a gift shop, mainly just to support the little mini zoo they have there; a few artisans from the Eminence Renaissance Festival supplied us with handmade leather books, two beautifully crafted besoms (one big with a lacquered handle, one tiny little cobweb duster), and a heavy stone goblet for Slime. We pick up little junk in and around, too--Slime got a brass bell from her grandfather's yard sale, for instance. A friend brought me a big fat Buddha from the Simpsonville Flea Market. My vigil candle-holder, a brass antique with a little loop to carry it with and carved floral scenes, came from the Labor Day Festival in Waddy, KY, where the town explodes with yard sales and a parade every year.

We try to get stuff from all around. Most of the time we look for things which call to us specifically, either one of us. Sometimes both of us. Cloth does that a lot--a specific and absolutely-perfect-for-the-moment cloth will come our way when needed, like that one time a bolt of patterned black satin fell on Slime. It was otherwise mashed between a bunch of others. We don't know if that is just coincidence or happy circumstance, but we do know it fit the purpose we were looking for precisely so we bought it. I need to remember to hem that...
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

"If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast