Thread: There's a soldier in my room

is offline Only when it's dark can you see stars

Shocked There's a soldier in my room

I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone the other day and I found out something...strange. First of all, she can see ghosts. Pictures are her specialty. I once had taken a picture of me sitting on my bed with my kitten and just now she tells me something that I would have never ever expected.

There was a ghost sitting RIGHT beside me. He's a confederate soldier, with an eye missing, or wounded...creepy right? I've always gotten the feeling of something in my room since I live right next to a major civil war park. I always feel like there was something in my face...or around me as I sleep. Now she laughs saying that I have a ghost sleeping with me...not cool! I think by this time I had started to shake...I'm not exactly afraid of ghosts...it is more of the surprise that my feelings were right. Another odd thing is that i have a picture that I drew on my closet. It's an eye bleeding red tears...It's only ironic right that the soldier has a bleeding eye?

She also slipped up telling me that I have a maid in my bathroom. She saw her in a picture I took of myself. She said she looked nice, but hey ! i feel a bit violated o.o that's where I take my showers and all...

She also said one time I sent her a picture of snow in my yard...it was soo beautiful..then..just to ruin it...she saw a little dead girl behind a tree.

So lovely to know I live in one of the most haunted towns on the east coast...
    Last edited by Amethyst_Midnight; October 3rd, 2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Steal my power oh Beautiful Night
    Lift me up into your light
    A shadow in the shadows
    Blessed be
    Nothing is ever what you see
    -Amethyst Midnight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

is offline That's it, no more free will.
    well, from the sounds of it yours may be connected to the location. I'm not so lucky. I'm one of those lucky people who are akin a single candle flame in a pitch black room. I never know who I'm gonna wind up with! lol Best of luck!
    ~If every village has to have an idiot, they can have an odd duck, too!~

OK sorry to be the damper, but are you sure she's not having you on? A soldier in your room and a maid in your bathroom sounds like quite a high quota of ghosts that only your girlfriend can see...

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
    The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

It's possible that you have energies around the area, and "recorded" memories of those who either died there or lived aorund there. Also your friend is trying to scare you. Gruesome looking ghosts? ghosts watching you have a shower? ghosts sleeping with you? Sorry but it sounds nonsense.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

is offline Only when it's dark can you see stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodkitten View Post
    OK sorry to be the damper, but are you sure she's not having you on? A soldier in your room and a maid in your bathroom sounds like quite a high quota of ghosts that only your girlfriend can see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragna View Post
    It's possible that you have energies around the area, and "recorded" memories of those who either died there or lived aorund there. Also your friend is trying to scare you. Gruesome looking ghosts? ghosts watching you have a shower? ghosts sleeping with you? Sorry but it sounds nonsense.

She's a medium. I also do live in I think the 3rd most haunted town in the usa...or east coast. She wouldn't lie to me about something like that and she sees things like that all the time. normally i wouldn't believe, but my a friend of my dads had seen a ghost (in the room that is now mine) back years ago. We've heard things in our house too so I don't doubt. I literally live right across from a civil war park. She didn't label the ghost as gruesome...just have a bad eye or bleeding eye like maybe he was shot there or something which is totally understandable.
    Steal my power oh Beautiful Night
    Lift me up into your light
    A shadow in the shadows
    Blessed be
    Nothing is ever what you see
    -Amethyst Midnight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst_Midnight View Post
    She wouldn't lie to me about something like that and she sees things like that all the time.
    She claims.

Sorry, i don't buy it.

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
    The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

What you can do, if it's really bothersome, is to reach out to any of your local/nearby ghost hunters and (it may sound silly) get them to set up equipment. I don't doubt that your area is highly sensitive as it's got so much history and possible hauntings.

I believe most hauntings are put down to "recorded" events, and spirits may be the memories of them when they were last there.

Sorry but I don't believe what your friend is saying to you. Perhaps she is psychic, I don't know. I can't accept that she's 100% telling you the truth but it doesn't ring right at all. What she says indicates she might be playing on the fact there is some history and even some unusual phenomena going on there.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Ghosts can be seen anywhere not just in chuck town... if you really think there is a soldier in your room maybe you should be checking out the history of your house and what your room was used for if it was there at that time. The maid is another story... she could have just been there to send you a message. The dead do that ... they don't care what you are doing at the moment they choose to see/talk to you (they are not embarrassed/affected by it like we are). Also she does not 'watch' you shower... or not in the sexual way... if she is there during it would most likely be seeing your son or daughter play in the bathtub rather than peeping tom type of thing. If that makes you feel better.