Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural, Season 7 (possible spoilers)

Supernatural, Season 7 (possible spoilers)

Anyone watching?

I never watched this show before a few weeks ago when I caught some episodes on TNT and I got into it! I have seasons 1-5 downloaded, so I'll be watching those to catch up. I have seen most of Season 4-5 on TNT, enough to know what's going on on the new season.

I am totally into the Castiel/Dean pairing. Before I even knew it was so popular, I saw the possiblity for it the episodes I saw. It's like a first for me! I never liked a slash pairing before, but something about those two is...amazing. Like, I can totally see their connection on screen, it's so obvious. (I'm not saying the show they're going to go in that direction, but you can clearly see they have a profound bond as Castiel said last episode). Anyone else a fan? Personally it's a way better choice than the even more popular (why I don't know) "Wincest" with the brothers together.

Anyone have any theories on what's up with Sam?
    Or comments on the show/season?

Been a fan of the show since season two when I started watching. Love the monster of the week style episodes the most. Love to see what legend/myth creature they use for the story in those ones.

I'm wondering if it IS Sam that came back... Possibly possessed Sam or changeling/shapeshifter posing to get info on the Winchester boys. (???) With this show sometimes appearances can be deceiving and things are not always what they seem

I'm watching! Balthazar is my new favorite. I like him, he's sassy =D

I'm with Majestic on Sam. I'm really not sure that IS Sam. Especially after he was totally cool beans with Cas torturing the kid. Granted, it was kinda necessary, but Sam would have been the first one to go "Yeah, no, let's not do that"

I don't know about possessed though. I just don't think that's Sam at all. Maybe a shifter.
    Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
    "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:
    Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

I've watched all things Supernatural ... including the new season. So, here's my theory on Sam. I believe whatever he experienced in the cage has burned some of his humanity away ... I almost think he just can't feel anything.

Another observation. Is it me, or does it seem like Dean and Sam are switching places on the show? Use to be Sam was the voice of reason and humanity ... and now Dean's questioning Sam on such issues.

I've read some theories about Sam and most are:

1. He's still Sam, but as PW said, something changed him in the cage, his humanity is gone (partly or totally) and he just needs to get it back, slowly. Sort of like Castiel needing to get back into things after being gone.
    2. He's still Lucifer or Lucifer is still part of him
    3. He sold/traded his soul to get out of the cage (which coupled with the last episode and the boy selling his soul, it could be foreshadowing)
    4. He's not Sam, but a shifter or copy of some sort, the real Sam is still in the cage

Another observation. Is it me, or does it seem like Dean and Sam are switching places on the show? Use to be Sam was the voice of reason and humanity ... and now Dean's questioning Sam on such issues.
    I haven't seen much of the earlier seasons, but from what I have, it does seem like a change in things. Maybe Dean's year with Lisa and having a family softened him a bit? Dean was also someone very much into family, I think in an episode he told Castiel he was chained to them, and how it seems he's backed off a lot with Sam and also not trusting the Campbells.

Though some random things I was curious about:
    The only female angel has been Anna, right? Why aren't there more? Castiel always refers to them as his brothers, though. Are the angels even male or female in their original form (in religious lore, they're sexless)? I ask because in the episode where Jimmy Novak came back, Castiel ended up using his daughter as a vessel (for a short time) because they shared the blood link, which makes me think the gender of the vessel doesn't really matter...which makes me wonder if they even have a gender to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post

Though some random things I was curious about:
    The only female angel has been Anna, right? Why aren't there more? Castiel always refers to them as his brothers, though. Are the angels even male or female in their original form (in religious lore, they're sexless)? I ask because in the episode where Jimmy Novak came back, Castiel ended up using his daughter as a vessel (for a short time) because they shared the blood link, which makes me think the gender of the vessel doesn't really matter...which makes me wonder if they even have a gender to begin with...
    I think they're supposed to be genderless. They may be given (most masculine) arbitrary genders just to make script writing easier, but I don't think it really matters if they're fe/male. I think using the Westernized gender neutral "he" is easier since if you add too many "female" angels into the mix, someone's gonna expect a hookup line or something.
    Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
    "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:
    Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    I've read some theories about Sam and most are:

1. He's still Sam, but as PW said, something changed him in the cage, his humanity is gone (partly or totally) and he just needs to get it back, slowly. Sort of like Castiel needing to get back into things after being gone.
    2. He's still Lucifer or Lucifer is still part of him
    3. He sold/traded his soul to get out of the cage (which coupled with the last episode and the boy selling his soul, it could be foreshadowing)
    4. He's not Sam, but a shifter or copy of some sort, the real Sam is still in the cage

Oh the whole 'lost his humanity' may make a good story arc for Sam this season. Like when Dean came back from Hell he needed to deal with the 'demons' of what he'd done while there, Sam needs to get over whatever may have happened in the cage.
    Hmmm, can't really tell what may happen on the show now that the creator (sorry forgot his name atm...brainfart ). New people in charge could send the show into new territory...(??)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Not all who wander are lost

Sounds like it's going to be a Bobby episode tonight. Jensen directs it too. It should be airing really soon for the east-coasters! I still have 3 hours to go

So .... who saw the last one where Dean got turned into a vamp??? OMG ... Sam's out of his MIND!

I was just going to post about that!

The look on Sam's face, it was like he was enjoying it. That was weird. I wonder if he's possessed with something. He did the same weird, staring off into space when he came across Raphael in the hallway. Maybe it's related. He was very interested in the info Dean could have provided and seemed to not care about the pain and difficulties he was putting him...very un-Sam.

Looks like next week we'll get an idea what's going on!
    I think whatever it is, it's Sam, but changed or different and they'll have to work to fix the situation.

The Bobby episode was good too. I thought Jensen did a good job with the directing! I thought it was interesting to see how the operation works.
    Last edited by Agaliha; October 27th, 2010 at 03:02 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast