Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Supernatural, Season 7 (possible spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    I love Dean/Castiel fics. Not necessarily the sexual/smut ones, but the emotional types. The ones that explore their friendship, love, bond, etc. There's some really awesome ones out there. It's the only slash couple I actual read fics for and enjoy. In fact, Castiel and Dean's relationship was what brought me to the show. I only saw the later, season 4 and 5 episodes on TNT and was all, wow, they'd make such an awesome couple! And then, I watched the other previous seasons and got into the show as a whole. The show hints at their bond, their relationship, but never makes it explicit. I like their pairing more than the brother-incest (wincest) fics. Do not understand that, but whatever. I won't judge.
    looking back i started watching it in the second season or so.

Well, they had the demon element from the beginning, with Yellow Eyes and Sam's
    childhood. I'm sure the natural progression was to add their counterpart-
    angels. I don't have an issue with it. At least the angels are all shades of
    things, from good to neutral to bad. I sort of see it like X-Files and their
    conspiracy episodes vs their monster-of-the-weeks. They had a blend of things,
    not just hunt-the-weird/bad/evil thing all the time.
    they deviated from practically the first season. but in the recent seasons they did little of it. it is sort of painting them into a corner.

I watched the beginning seasons of Supernatural and while I don't dislike them,
    I found myself bored at times. I think if they went to the old storyline things
    would get boring and they'd run out of material. The older episodes seemed very
    stand-alone and without a major point, they were just hunting and killing
    things. Good, but I personally think there has to be more to it than that. So
    the addition of things that are an undercurrent through the whole show
    (Apocalypse, etc) keep a goal in mind and bring things together.
    it could have been geared towards a major urban legend myth like bigfoot people,mothmen etc. instead of angels and demons. vampires would be bad because it would be like a male version of Buffy.

I agree, this was a good Cas episode. Misha acted it well, I think.
    I just wish they (esp Dean) would have actually listened to him and his reasoning. They didn't even give him a real opportunity to explain himself. Grrrr.
    there was like maybe one episode where he was better. IMO he is the best actor on the show.
    but the character development of Cas was the best. Also they probably needed to expand on episodes so they couldn't allow him to explain himself to them.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I really, really, really hope this season wraps up the whole war in heaven thing. I wouldn't mind if they went back to more of the myths and legends of the early seasons (Cas can still show up from time to time, I'd totally be bummed if he just disappeared).

I want next season to be something fresh, the whole heaven/hell thing has been done to, well, hell lol over the last 3 (?) seasons.

As for last night's show: I absolutely loved it! Misha did a good job and it was nice to see Cas try and reason through his actions. I do wish the boys had let him try and explain more why he sided with Crowley, but maybe they would've if the demons hadn't shown up. I felt they still had much to talk about in that scene (stupid demons interrupting).
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans -John Lennon
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Only one more day!

Tomorrow will be the 2 hour finale.
    I hope it's good!

I'll have other comments later, but all I think think of is--- CAS! WTH?

The new God?
    Next season will be interesting.
    Though from a quick look on another forum (I just lurk), some aren't pleased.
    I honestly don't mind. I'll watch the show regardless of what they do, but I know many are picky.

He claims he'll be a better God....but the whole bow down and profess your love to me or be destroyed thing sounds bad. Or rather, not an improvement. Though, it's not unusual, most of the Old Testament has that idea...but still...

Did they ever explain what happened to God? Is he still God, the God? Is Cas a god, but not the God?
    I know God was absent (reminded me of Deism, where God made the world, but left) and the angels were doing their own thing (God commanding from a distance?), but if Cas is the new God, what happened to the old one?
    I'm confused!

I'll be watching the show till they kill off both Crowley and Cas.

from what i gather he left because he doesn't care anymore. that was explained last season when they went to talk with I believe Joshua. he's there just watching and not doing anything except he helped out Sam and Dean last season.

with Cass. He grabbed all those souls and got empowered beyond what he experienced before or is drunk with power. usually it's not uncommon for you to exhibit delusions of grandeur. general feelings i am will be better,etc. etc. so it was well written.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

It was a somewhat disappointing ending. I'm not looking forward to next season at all, but will watch because I've been with the show this long might as well keep going.

Cas has been going dark all season, so it really doesn't surprise me that he's reacting that way to the power he has.
    I am really hoping though that the first few shows of the season has the guys able to get Cas off his high kick and back down to earth, so to speak.

Another possibility I thought of was that perhaps all those souls are influencing him. Being from Purgatory you know that most of them are probably of the not nice sort.
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Thoughts on the season so far?

Sam with his hallucinations and the whole Leviathan thing...

Do you think Sam is still in The Cage? It seems unlikely, but possible.
    And Cas...he can't be dead. I'm sure he'll come back later. God restored him before. He could do it again.
    Not sure how I like the whole Leviathan thing, but all in all, I'm not complaining.

um. so far so so.they either killed off Cass or just took him out for awhile.

the hallucinations i don't care for. the Leviathan thing is so-so. let's see how far it will go.

And Cas...he can't be dead. I'm sure he'll come back later. God restored him before. He could do it again.
    Not sure how I like the whole Leviathan thing, but all in all, I'm not complaining.
    if they get rid of Crowley .i'll stop watching .Dean killed that Kitsumne (spelling). so it really turned me off .i think in one or two episodes they have to deal with an evil witch(played by Charisma Carpenter).

I'm loving it so far. It's got that feel of the earlier seasons coming back.

It's interesting. But hopefully the whole hallucinations/cage thing won't go on much longer.
    Love the idea of the Leviathans. Every season needs a big bad. However it gives me a Buffy Season 7 vibe, like once you've tackled the beginning of evil where do you go from there?

Cas probably isn't dead but just incapacitated for now. I'm sure that he needs to do a whole lot of healing that can only be done in heaven (being an angel and all)

Changed the title so it reflects current season.

Anyone watch the premiere last night?
    Thoughts?

I recorded it. I saw parts, but missed parts. I have to re-watch things.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast