Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Autobiography

Jim used to stay in hotels when they had to go pick up livestock. He said in those days when you rented a room they asked if you wanted it with or without. A woman. He told me that they never knew who they would be bunked up with either. Most of the rooms had at least 4 beds.

Jim and another guy had gone to Cripple Creek to pick up a bull. When they got in the room there was a couple of other guys there already. After the introductions Jim said the other two guys had to go get some dinner. Now while they were out Jim and his buddy had an idea.

They bought some beer and sausages and put it all in the bed pan under Jims bed. Every room had at least two bed pans in them. So Jim and his buddy left the room to go get some drinks and play some cards. Later that night they went back to the room and the other two guys were already there.

So Jim reached under the bed and dragged the bed pan out and him and his buddy started eating the sausages, making a big show of swirling them around in the beer. As you would expect the other two guys were turning green by now. Jim and his buddy got to laughing and told the guys about the setup.

Problem was, rather than use a clean bed pan, the guys had used the already used one.

Jim and his buddy got pretty sick and then had to go get something to drink to wash out their mouths. He said they never pulled that trick again either.

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Brown View Post
    Feedback is always welcome, positive or negative.
    Great stories. I'm a Georgia Cracker and have worked on fencing crews through areas that are not quite as bad as the ones you describe. They do give one an appreciation for just how dangerous swamps can be. Nowadays, I wade through red tape swamps in the D.C. Morass.

The first thing, any of us were taught as kids in South Georgia was how to identify and spot snakes. The rule is: "if it looks like a snake, it is a snake."

One thing about gators is they love to drown their quarry and then stash it in a hole to get it tenderized and gamey. The other thing they like to do is chomp and roll. Nothing like having about 400 pounds of gator twisting your pully bone loose.

Let me know when the book is available as I'd like to buy one.

Searles O'Dubhain

Quote Originally Posted by odubhain View Post
    Great stories. I'm a Georgia Cracker and have worked on fencing crews through areas that are not quite as bad as the ones you describe. They do give one an appreciation for just how dangerous swamps can be. Nowadays, I wade through red tape swamps in the D.C. Morass.

The first thing, any of us were taught as kids in South Georgia was how to identify and spot snakes. The rule is: "if it looks like a snake, it is a snake."

One thing about gators is they love to drown their quarry and then stash it in a hole to get it tenderized and gamey. The other thing they like to do is chomp and roll. Nothing like having about 400 pounds of gator twisting your pully bone loose.

Let me know when the book is available as I'd like to buy one.

Searles O'Dubhain

Yeah, snakes and gators are not really warm and cuddly are they?

Also see my sig for the links to my book, it is published on nook and kindle.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6