Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Religions that teach original purity of spirit, instead of original sin?

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Brown View Post
    Thanks. Just so you know as long as you're willing I am going to suck the knowledge from you.
    lol I've got no issue with it =D

I'll try to answer everything to the best of my abilities and if you ask me something I don't know, I'll let you know 'cause I'll have to ask and it may take me a while to get an answer since I don't live rezside anymore (and also, my family totally operates on Indian Time« so it usually takes a while for any of us to return calls/emails/text messages).
    Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
    "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:
    Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Falls View Post
    lol I've got no issue with it =D

I'll try to answer everything to the best of my abilities and if you ask me something I don't know, I'll let you know 'cause I'll have to ask and it may take me a while to get an answer since I don't live rezside anymore (and also, my family totally operates on Indian Time« so it usually takes a while for any of us to return calls/emails/text messages).
    If I am correct, among the Navajo witches are a bad thing. How does your nation view them?

If I am correct, among the Navajo witches are a bad thing. How does your nation view them?
    we don't have a word for "witch," traditionally speaking. In DinÚ/Navajo culture, there is a separate concept for witches and shapshifters (all shapeshifters are witches, but not all witches are shapeshifters and they are all bad). For Blackfoot people, there's just Bad Medicine and Good Medicine. There are of course, varying degrees within these terms, but a practitioner of Bad Medicine I guess would be the closest thing we have to the DinÚ concept of a witch.

There's absolutely nothing good about it at all. Bad Medicine is a Spirit/Soul destroyer and the surest way to become a staˇˇ/get your Soul(s) obliterated. Practicine Bad Medicine is the closest thing we have to an Abrahamic concept of "sin" in addition to being greedy and falsely modest, although we'd prefer the latter over practicing Bad Medicine.

Even if you have a practitioner of Bad Medicine in your family, you *must* disown them because familial ties are so strong that you'll be tainted as well. Especially if that person is a shapeshifter. That's the worst kind of Bad Medicine one can practice.
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:

we don't have a word for "witch," traditionally speaking. In DinÚ/Navajo culture, there is a separate concept for witches and shapshifters (all shapeshifters are witches, but not all witches are shapeshifters and they are all bad). For Blackfoot people, there's just Bad Medicine and Good Medicine. There are of course, varying degrees within these terms, but a practitioner of Bad Medicine I guess would be the closest thing we have to the DinÚ concept of a witch.

There's absolutely nothing good about it at all. Bad Medicine is a Spirit/Soul destroyer and the surest way to become a staˇˇ/get your Soul(s) obliterated. Practicine Bad Medicine is the closest thing we have to an Abrahamic concept of "sin" in addition to being greedy and falsely modest, although we'd prefer the latter over practicing Bad Medicine.

Even if you have a practitioner of Bad Medicine in your family, you *must* disown them because familial ties are so strong that you'll be tainted as well. Especially if that person is a shapeshifter. That's the worst kind of Bad Medicine one can practice.
    Souls, plural?

Souls, plural?
    Like I said before, there are different parts to ones soul. The super oversimplified version is that everything has more than one soul. You have:
    your shadow (literally, your shadow. It's seen as part of the soul)- everything has one
    your temporary soul- the part of your soul that has a finite existence, that which causes you to live and breathe
    your immortal soul- that which goes to the Sand Hills after you die, the part of you that becomes an Ancestor. Basically your True Self
    "regular" soul- I don't even know how to describe this in English terms at all. The closest I can come is it's the breath of Creator, the little piece of the Divine that lives in all of us
    your spiritual soul- related to the immortal soul, it's what helps you communicate with the Ancestors, the Spirits and the Divine. People that are Two-Spirited (traditionally termed as those who are LGBT) have two of these rather than one
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:

I have to think. You are shaking my lack of belief.

I have to think. You are shaking my lack of belief.
    haha my bad
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:

haha my bad
    Not at all. You just touched something there.

Like I said before, there are different parts to ones soul. The super oversimplified version is that everything has more than one soul. You have:
    your shadow (literally, your shadow. It's seen as part of the soul)- everything has one
    your temporary soul- the part of your soul that has a finite existence, that which causes you to live and breathe
    your immortal soul- that which goes to the Sand Hills after you die, the part of you that becomes an Ancestor. Basically your True Self
    "regular" soul- I don't even know how to describe this in English terms at all. The closest I can come is it's the breath of Creator, the little piece of the Divine that lives in all of us
    your spiritual soul- related to the immortal soul, it's what helps you communicate with the Ancestors, the Spirits and the Divine. People that are Two-Spirited (traditionally termed as those who are LGBT) have two of these rather than one

Is there a soul that is kin to an animal?

Is there a soul that is kin to an animal?
    From what I undrestand from the converstions I've had with the Ojibwe in my area, yes. I don't understand how or why, as those conversations took place when I was quite young, but I do understand they believe they do use animals to describe or actually say your spirit is that of (in my case) the wolf (other animal).
    If I did not completely understand, please correct me. Thank You.
    Blessings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast