Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahautenites View Post
    That one sounds interesting. Never occurred to me that chili could be added to tea.

For me, it's a tossup between Earl Grey Tea and Jasmine Green Tea. I don't sweeten either one. For special occasions, I have a cherry blossom tea that I imported from Japan. It's lovely, but expensive, so I rarely drink it.
    Here are the ingredients. I don't see tea listed but it's so good. *puts on some water to heat*

• Ingredients:
    • Organic Licorice Root, Organic Cocoa Shells, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Fennel Seed, Organic Anise Seed, Organic Cinnamon Bark, Natural Tangerine Flavor, Natural Orange Flavor, Cardamom Seed, Organic Clove Bud, Organic Cayenne Fruit, Organic Black Pepper. Each tea bag contains 0 mg of caffeine.

Earl Grey. Now that cold weather is here, when I'm at home I always have a mug full within reach. I probably swill 5 to 7 double sized mugs every day. My family claims surprise that I sleep at all.
    Living well is the best revenge.

Earl Grey Lavender by Adagio. Yum!
    Ancora Imparo

I make my own chai, and I get some fancy things from Whittards of Chelsea when I'm in Britain. And I recently discovered Blueberry Jam from David's Tea, and my sister always buys me a bag if Glitter and Gold <3
    "It's like a dream to try to remember but it's gone
    Then you try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn
    When you try to see the world beyond your front door"

*Banner and sig by Geministar*
    AM currently accepting reading requests (because why not?)

Ghosted by Eternal Night!
    :irish: Shamrocked by Annorah!

I've been trying to find a real green tea that isn't stupidly expensive or doesn't taste like sewage. I even found a supplier who went direct to the growers. Then one day while shopping Nuts.com I noticed they sold teas and coffees. They said the right things so I took the risk. I have no idea where they get their green teas but it's so good. Bright with character and depth. I love the pearl teas, which this isn't, but that might help you understand. A good green tea is not a coffee substitute.

On a side note… in the early 80s my friends and I drank Morning Thunder by Celestial Seasonings. I just saw it today which brought back memories. If you're tea adventurous, you have to try it! Very dark, complex, and… weird.
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    --Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStars View Post
    I've been trying to find a real green tea that isn't stupidly expensive or doesn't taste like sewage. I even found a supplier who went direct to the growers. Then one day while shopping Nuts.com I noticed they sold teas and coffees. They said the right things so I took the risk. I have no idea where they get their green teas but it's so good. Bright with character and depth. I love the pearl teas, which this isn't, but that might help you understand. A good green tea is not a coffee substitute.

On a side note… in the early 80s my friends and I drank Morning Thunder by Celestial Seasonings. I just saw it today which brought back memories. If you're tea adventurous, you have to try it! Very dark, complex, and… weird.
    You might want to look at Upton. They've got a lovely selection of Green Teas and are good about discussing provenance and flavor notes. They do get expensive, but I've managed to get their 1st grade Tie Guan Yin Oolong for a good price.
    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

is offline Rumors of my demise are premature
    I love love licorice spice tea, and peppermint as well. Not sure what I do not like, but I know what I do like.
    Free Leonard
    Rumors of my demise are a bit premature
    What was that sound?

Jasmine or Green for me, please
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.

Buddha

I'm in love with this tea shop- David's Tea and their winter teas. Cardamom French Toast, Gingerbread Cookie and Snow Day are just awesome.
    Libris

"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom." ~Theodore Rubin

English Tea Shop Ginger Peach.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast