Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite tea?

Chamomile is my cure-all. If I'm feeling upset, sick, or just need a little comfort, it immediately makes me feel better.
    I also really like Earl Grey and most green teas.

I'll be waiting for you, in my heart you are the one.
    If I cannot find you, I will look up to the sun/
    If from where you're standing, you can see the sky above
    I'll be waiting for you, if you still believe in love...

I haven't tried very many teas. I definetly don't like iced tea.. it tastes like weird water! I'm not really a big fan of green tea either unless I can put some milk in it. I guess my favorite type of tea is white jasmine tea. I love the taste but don't really love how dry it makes my mouth.

For the fancier varieties, I love, love-love-love, touareg tea! Prepared loose-leaf with a touch of sugar-in-the-raw, it tastes rich and spicy, just the right amount of mint. White Peony is also a favorite; as are Jasmine Pearls and any kind of blossom tea (it's such a treat to watch the flower unfurl!)...but I do have to say, my absolute treasured teas are the easily-found ones: Bigelow's Constant Comment and Bigelow's Spiced Chai, and Celestial Seasoning's Bengal Spice.

My roommate and I have amassed a fervent collection of tea; a good deal of it comes in bulk loose-leaf from the tea shop in town, but another good deal of it comes from local grocery stores and World Market, which sells Touareg and White Peony and Jasmine Pearls and varieties of blossom tea in tiny glass teapots. If I ventured a guess, I would say that in our tea nook right now, there are over 70 different varieties, each one for a different season, a different mood, a different health purpose, a different type of company. There's tea in storage, tea hiding in drawers, tea in the freezer, tea in canisters we've likely forgotten about, tea blends that we've left at the neighbor's house, tea crushed forever more into the floor of the kitchen, never to come out....and don't get me started on the teapots.

I would describe the need to collect tea like Hunter S. Thompson described the need to collect drugs: "...the tendency is to push it as far as you can."
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

I received some Heavenly Tea for Christmas, my favorite is the White Heaven, so awesome! It's fruity and flowery and delicate, it's just awesome!
    "...You are a child of the universe;
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be..."

'Desiderata' Max Ehrmann 1927

is offline I thought your name was Arthur! o_o
    I usually loathe tea, but one day I decided to make rose tea. it's now my favorite :D

I love Rose tea, and chammomile tea and Lady Grey and Earl Grey and quite a few others. I don't really like what I call 'bog standard tea' it's just boring and tastes unpleasant and I haven't had milk in my tea or coffee for 22yrs now and at least all the tea I drink doesn't need milk!
    Don't make me Gibbs Slap you!

I just drink regular iced tea (orange pekoe, black) with some sugar. I put about 12 teabags and 1/2 cup of sugar to a gallon of tea. Since its summer it sits in the sun. YUMMMM sun tea - my favorite.

I will use a rose tea probably to infuze in the bunny's water when I get my bunny. Says they love herbal water/tea. I like hot tea in the winter time but have to use honey instead of sugar in it.
    Last edited by chrestomancie; July 18th, 2011 at 11:06 PM.

D: I can't decide! I love so many teas! I guess my favorites can be narrowed down to: Rooibos (redbush tea, SO good), Mint tea, Chai tea, and chamomile tea.

Sometimes I think I live in the dance studio.
    I adore most of the tea my family has, I couldn't begin to name it all! And to make the situation even crazier, I've started experimenting with blending my own herbal teas. XD

I usually despite chamomile, but my favourite tea blend is equal parts chamomile and rose with a touch of lavender. When my best friend sprained her ankle really painfully, I made that tea for her and she was asleep within a half-hour.

Black currant and blueberry rooibos are two of my favorites. Although typically I drink Lady Grey or Yorkshire (I spent WAY too long in Yorkshire, it seems...).
    JFGI

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast