Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Celtic links

In other words they where pre-stone age? The Celts I think arrived in Europe in 500 BC & was in the bronze age? I wonder if this Archaeology magezine I take would know? Maybe you can go to Stonehenge & ask the gods? I like your photos. I was only in Europe two weeks long ago but my sister was there 3 yrs. & in Japan 1 yr. She has some fine photos too.

Quote Originally Posted by omar
    In other words they where pre-stone age?
    Close (Old stone age is still stone age, but has only simple tools not elaborate shaped ones).

The Celts I think arrived in Europe in 500 BC & was in the bronze age?
    That used to be a popular theory, that an entire people had arrived, fought wars, replaced most of the population, and that this invasion resulted in the change in material culture. Each cultural change was seen as a huge invasion. (this was the theory i was poking fun at in my earlier post about the coca-cola people being wiped out by the iPod people).

More recently, the lack of any evidence for this wide-scale destruction led to a reevaluation - new cultures were seen as the spread of culture (tools, language, customs) and not necessarily a huge population shift. That was the point I was trying to make in several previous posts about language and ethnicity being different.

The date at which Celtic culture started to spead has also tended to be pushed back and to be identified with the Urnfield culture (c. 1300 BCE - 750 BCE) which is nowadays seen as a proto-Celtic culture.

I wonder if this Archaeology magezine I take would know? Maybe you can go to Stonehenge & ask the gods?
    Reading books is probably easier

I like your photos. I was only in Europe two weeks long ago but my sister was there 3 yrs. & in Japan 1 yr. She has some fine photos too.
    Thank you! Glad you like them.
    History teaches us this: no-one learns anything from history

My Photo Album ~ pictures n' stuff

EPONA.net ~ a scholarly resource. History and archaeology of the goddess Epona.

http://www.nuacht.com

Nuachtan laethuil Gaeilge an Domhain!
    Her Spastic Silliness the Princess Mandarava,
    Chocolate City Guild President (elected by voter fraud), in the Church of Eris

"Beware of cheap Occidental imitations!"

Tha mi ag ionnsachadh Gidhlig

Gaelic and English (bilingual) podcasting

Gaelcast!!!

http://www.gaelcast.com/

Load it on your MP3 player and GO!!

Le drachd,

Very cool link Faol-chù. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrag Elasaid N Dhmhnaill View Post
    Very cool link Faol-ch. Thanks!
    'S e do bheatha...

A bheil Gidlhlig agaibh?

Le drachd,

on this link in there is an interview about discoveries on Rennes le chateau mystery . In center of this mystery Henri BOUDET and his CROMLECH or REAL CELTIC LANGUAGE . 2 unknown and coded Poussin paintings are in connection with this book Cromlech and in this interview there are details about it .These discoveries andrevelations give the key of Pouisn's secret and key of this RLC mysteryThis interview is possible to read in english and there are interesting paintings pictures. with symbols and codes .

http://www.lesecretdepoussin.com/liens.php

You can find Cromlech of Boudet by Google .

http://www.esonews.com/rennes_le_cha...vre_Boudet.pdf

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7