Thread: Ah, Western Syphilization: Money Instead of Justice

Snapdragon Guest

Ah, Western Syphilization: Money Instead of Justice

Moazzam Begg: We settled so we could get our lives back

A former Guantanamo detainee says the Government will have to look into 29 similar cases in its inquiry into torture

Of the 16 men involved in the case against the British secret intelligence services, five were held for two-and-a-half years; five served three years; four others served six years; one served eight, and another, Shaker Aamer, is still in Guantanamo, nine years on. Collectively, we have spent over 66 years imprisoned without charge or trial.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...k-2139647.html

Real Americans (and their poodles) can tell who's a terrorist--just look at them. But avoid mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post
    Moazzam Begg: We settled so we could get our lives back

A former Guantanamo detainee says the Government will have to look into 29 similar cases in its inquiry into torture

Of the 16 men involved in the case against the British secret intelligence services, five were held for two-and-a-half years; five served three years; four others served six years; one served eight, and another, Shaker Aamer, is still in Guantanamo, nine years on. Collectively, we have spent over 66 years imprisoned without charge or trial.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...k-2139647.html

Real Americans (and their poodles) can tell who's a terrorist--just look at them. But avoid mirrors.
    I am American, but I still feel the Guantanamo Bay Prisoners should have gotten justice. I hope you will all get your lives back, and am sorry to hear thar MI5 was involved in their torture.
    Thank You. Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post
    just look at them. But avoid mirrors.
    Good advice as I'm sure you follow it yourself.
    Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting; "HOLY SHIT!!!! What a ride!"

A celebrant of nannymas and sarabethvmas