Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite incenses

is offline talks to animals, real and "imaginary"

Your favorite incenses

This topic was inspired by the thread about "real" Dragon's Blood incense posted a little while ago. Personally, the only place I buy incense anymore is THIS place. I just thought I'd put that out there, because I have not, to date, found a better smelling, longer lasting incense for anywhere near the price they offer it. The tube of incense they send you for $7 is HUGE, and smells as wonderful as they say it does. I have a tube of gardenia, and it smells exactly like the prolific bush of gardenia my mother used to have. I loved that bush, and almost cried when I smelled it. (Miss those damn flowers. Unfortunately, I think they'd just freeze here and I live with a severe allergy sufferer who'd probably whine and bitch about boohoo pollen. ) Although I will say not every single one of the tubes smells *quite* like how I think it should, most of the ones that are "off" are the ones with ambiguous names... like Rain Drops and Love. I was very torn between gardenia and honeysuckle when I bought my first tube.

What's your favorite place?

is offline Only when it's dark can you see stars
    In honesty, I've never bought incense online. I've always been afraid of them smelling yucky. My favorite incense has to be dragon's blood. I buy mine from this one place downtown called Corky's. Speaking of that...I really need to buy more.
    Steal my power oh Beautiful Night
    Lift me up into your light
    A shadow in the shadows
    Blessed be
    Nothing is ever what you see
    -Amethyst Midnight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I rarely burn incense for 'fun' these days, so I'm usually obliged to burn certain scents whether I like them or not... but if I were burning incense for fun, HEM patchouli and Padmini Benzoin are probably my favorites (both are stick incenses.)
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

I currently only buy locally from a lovely woman who lovingly hand crafts the very best.

I will check this place out, it may be nice to supplement when she's out of my amber. Thanks for the heads up, I would not ordinarily buy online since I can't touch or smell it.
    "He drew a circle that shut me out
    Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout
    But love and I had the wit to win;
    We drew a circle that took him in."

-- Edwin Markham

I either get insense through Amazon (they have included freebies in the past with insense sticks I ordered) and from the local shop selling them. I know of a place in the city called Yankee Candle and they have nice scented candles of different types.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

I love Amber Essence and French Lavender. I got them from 13moons.com
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

Quote Originally Posted by tapestry View Post
    I currently only buy locally from a lovely woman who lovingly hand crafts the very best.

I will check this place out, it may be nice to supplement when she's out of my amber. Thanks for the heads up, I would not ordinarily buy online since I can't touch or smell it.
    Where at? I'm in NW WA

Nag Champa is my favorite, hippie that I am. I am also fond of sandalwood, patchouli, and anything else earthy and/or spicy.
    Our Blog! The Intuitive Unschooler

Freaky Mama to Arlo, Donovan, and Iris! (Homeschooled since birth!)

as well as three cats, six cockatiels, and one parakeet.

Dragon's Blood, Night Queen, China Rain, Frankincense and Jasmine are among my top five favorites. I'd burn Dragon's Blood all day if the smell of it didn't make my mom sick

is offline Chronic Cat Food Label Reader
    Dragon's Blood incense smells really good; I used it a few years ago. I like sandalwood, amber, and cedar. I love cedar the most though. I dislike white rose and musk. They're too strong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast